Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need more light

Old 07-14-2019, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more light

Hi, I have what may or may not be an unusual delima. On my 2007 F150 Sport XLT I cannot see the dash cluster gauges unless I'm driving where the sun shines on the dash, at night (when I seldom drive) it's not as bad but still difficult to read. I know my eyesight is part of the problem but also the olive green screen with black readout (speedo) doesn't help. My question is this, is there anyway to better illuminate the dash cluster? Maybe some kind of auxiliary lighting or anyway to change the factory back lighting. I just finished a 700 mile trip across the desert and most of the time I could not see the speedometer and other gauges clearly. I just need more light on them somehow. Anyone else have/had this problem and is there a solution?
Old 07-14-2019, 09:34 AM
Bleeds Ford Blue

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I know it's stupid, but verify that the brightness is all the way up first.

If it's a color issue Black Cat makes different overlays that change the color. I've used them several times in the past for various vehicles - https://www.blackcatcustom.com/Ford%20F150.htm

You can also look into converting the bulbs to LEDs.

_
Old 07-14-2019, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not stupid but yes brightness all the way up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need more light

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: