Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need help! 2006 Lincoln Mark LT

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
HUMMER OWNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! 2006 Lincoln Mark LT

Who can help need firmware for a computer that controls the fuel injection? My truck 2006 Lincoln Mark LT, brain image with serial numbers attached.

Diagnostics shows a very rich mix! Need regular injection control program, with the factory settings!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Thumbnails Need help! 2006 Lincoln Mark LT-2006lmlt_comp.jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

You're going to have to get this from a Ford dealership I believe, unless you can track down the tuner that was used to change it's settings (I'm assuming a tuner was used to alter the PCM?).
Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most likely it is something other than the PCM causing it to run rich. Could be o2 sensors, timing, vacuum leaks, or number of other things. The PCM is just responding accordingly.
Like Bucko said though if you truely need the stock programming usually only the Ford dealership can provide that. May want to look into custom tunes from somebody like PHP, Troyer, VMP, or 5 Star if a dealer is not available.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 PM
HUMMER OWNER

Yeah, maybe PCM, but I'm not 100% sure. I live in Russia and the official dealer of Ford do not have the equipment to work with cars for the U.S. market.

Originally Posted by Bucko
You're going to have to get this from a Ford dealership I believe, unless you can track down the tuner that was used to change it's settings (I'm assuming a tuner was used to alter the PCM?).
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 PM
HUMMER OWNER

Checked all possible options! Everything is normal and works fine, just check the possible leaking. All is fine.

The reason for a rich mixture of fuel injection programming is unqualified. Previous owner removed the truck catalysts and reprogrammed the computer controlling fuel injection in order to lower the lambda sensors showed always an option.

To begin with I want to find a program to factory settings, if not, then I will consider other options ...

Originally Posted by kevhead75
Most likely it is something other than the PCM causing it to run rich. Could be o2 sensors, timing, vacuum leaks, or number of other things. The PCM is just responding accordingly.
Like Bucko said though if you truely need the stock programming usually only the Ford dealership can provide that. May want to look into custom tunes from somebody like PHP, Troyer, VMP, or 5 Star if a dealer is not available.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM
HUMMER OWNER

up
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't have a ford dealer available your best and cheapest route maybe is to get hand held programmer( sct edge gryphon or diablo) and order custom tunes. That would get you back closer to stock but give you a little extra performance at the same time.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:52 AM
HUMMER OWNER

The normal programmer does not flash. It has been verified. Maybe someone has a used ECC unit with the partnumber 6L3A-12A650-CJC? Ready to buy if the module is not programmed and not altered.

I found this module to ebay.сom for $200, but I think that asking much. Who would be able to offer?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

$200.00 is actually very reasonable. If you were to order one from Ford (new), it would be much more than that. Seeing as how you are in Russia, there will not be junkyards with late model Ford F150's to possibly buy a PCM any cheaper. Over here, we have many junk yards with these year trucks beginning to now show up in the junk yards.

Quick Reply: Need help! 2006 Lincoln Mark LT