Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My truck is destroying my back.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My truck is destroying my back.

I have had this truck 2 weeks and it is the only thing that has changed in my life. no matter How I set up the seats its destroying my back. constant back pain. I replaced my front struts already with ranchos that didn't help either. The seats aren't even that worn from visual appearance still feels foamy(not sure of how to explain that feeling). Am I screwed? I am at the point I am dreading driving it already

Its a lincoln Mark LT
Old 04-02-2015, 12:11 PM

Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Donniegood
I have had this truck 2 weeks and it is the only thing that has changed in my life. no matter How I set up the seats its destroying my back. constant back pain. I replaced my front struts already with ranchos that didn't help either. The seats aren't even that worn from visual appearance still feels foamy(not sure of how to explain that feeling). Am I screwed? I am at the point I am dreading driving it already Its a lincoln Mark LT
wow. I have NEVER heard that about our trucks. My back hurts when I ride/sit in other peoples cars. I'm sorry you're going through this. Have you tried getting adjusted at a chiropractor? A lot of places will charge $20 for an adjustment. Make sure you're straight and what not. Is there any other possible problem? I just can't see it.
The following users liked this post:
Donniegood (04-02-2015)
Old 04-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by johnny_tucson
wow. I have NEVER heard that about our trucks. My back hurts when I ride/sit in other peoples cars. I'm sorry you're going through this. Have you tried getting adjusted at a chiropractor? A lot of places will charge $20 for an adjustment. Make sure you're straight and what not. Is there any other possible problem? I just can't see it.
Nothing I can think of no new bed pillow or anything. I am going to go see a chiro and see if it helps too. who knows. I surely hope it isn't the truck
Old 04-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

How old is this truck? The foam used by the factory was never anything to write home about; it would usually start to deteriorate after about 2 years of constant sliding in/out of the drivers seat. Do you notice any bit of foam under the seat, indicating that the seat foam is indeed deteriorating?

I had an apolstry shop add some "quality" seat foam to the drivers side seat cushion on a 2005 F150 I used to own; the seat cover was showing a wrinkle/sag condition at its left side.

In your case though, it would be the seat back I'd think. Have you checked to see if the back lumbar adjustment is too far adjusted, causing a "bump" in the seat back?
johnny_tucson (04-02-2015)
Old 04-02-2015, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
How old is this truck? The foam used by the factory was never anything to write home about; it would usually start to deteriorate after about 2 years of constant sliding in/out of the drivers seat. Do you notice any bit of foam under the seat, indicating that the seat foam is indeed deteriorating?

I had an apolstry shop add some "quality" seat foam to the drivers side seat cushion on a 2005 F150 I used to own; the seat cover was showing a wrinkle/sag condition at its left side.

In your case though, it would be the seat back I'd think. Have you checked to see if the back lumbar adjustment is too far adjusted, causing a "bump" in the seat back?
its a 2006 I have moved the lumbar around and such. I think I will call a shop like that
Old 04-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Do you have this same back problem if you drive another vehicle, or is this your only vehicle?

Did you recently injure your back? Whenever I do a lot of yardwork, my back gets sore. I used to make my wife drive me around for weeks after that. Took her awhile, but she finally caught onto my scheme.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Im not saying it can't happen but I don't see how driving a truck for 2 weeks could hurt anyone's back
Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

I want some $20 adjustments... they charge $45-55 here
johnny_tucson (04-02-2015)
Old 04-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Do you have this same back problem if you drive another vehicle, or is this your only vehicle?

Did you recently injure your back? Whenever I do a lot of yardwork, my back gets sore. I used to make my wife drive me around for weeks after that. Took her awhile, but she finally caught onto my scheme.
Driving in wife's KIA is fine I don't do anything that could just my back in regular daily life. Previous car was Saturn aura didn't hurt driving it. It is only after I drive the truck for more than a hour

Quick Reply: My truck is destroying my back.