Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My spark plug experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My spark plug experience

I went searching for a new(er) vehicle a few weeks ago and found a 2007 F150 XLT 5.4 52,000 miles. I really liked it and came home researching to find this forum and all the horror stories about the spark plugs. I went back the next day with that being one of the concerns I would express to the salesman. I ended up negotiating a replacement of all plugs as part of the deal. I had already haggled on price considerably so the dealership didn't want to absorb all the cost of the replacement. I basically paid $200 extra for the replacement of the plugs. Some of you may chide me but it was something I was willing to do for the extra piece of mind. Plugs got replaced today. All 8 came out without breaking. Service manager said it was uncommon for that to happen and that they had replaced plugs yesterday and lost/broke 3 of 8. I plan on replacing at about 35,000 mile intervals to hopefully reduce the chances of an issue (fingers crossed). I will post the pictures of my plugs here in a bit if anyone has interest in seeing 53,000 mile plugs.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chibbert
I went searching for a new(er) vehicle a few weeks ago and found a 2007 F150 XLT 5.4 52,000 miles. I really liked it and came home researching to find this forum and all the horror stories about the spark plugs. I went back the next day with that being one of the concerns I would express to the salesman. I ended up negotiating a replacement of all plugs as part of the deal. I had already haggled on price considerably so the dealership didn't want to absorb all the cost of the replacement. I basically paid $200 extra for the replacement of the plugs. Some of you may chide me but it was something I was willing to do for the extra piece of mind. Plugs got replaced today. All 8 came out without breaking. Service manager said it was uncommon for that to happen and that they had replaced plugs yesterday and lost/broke 3 of 8. I plan on replacing at about 35,000 mile intervals to hopefully reduce the chances of an issue (fingers crossed). I will post the pictures of my plugs here in a bit if anyone has interest in seeing 53,000 mile plugs.
200 isnt bad at all when you think of the spark plugs almost costing 10-20bucks a piece. I would say you did good. Im still running seafoam through my pickup before i do my plug change but mine has 101k on it. Yours is half. That could more than likely be the reason they came out so much easier.

Quick Reply: My spark plug experience