Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My buddy got suckered at a dealership!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default My buddy got suckered at a dealership!!!

My good friend just bought a used 04 5.4 xlt and came over for a beer...i started inspectin his truck and found numeeous problems. First his fuel pump driver module was corroded and needed to b replaced. Then I noticed his front tow hooks were gone and the front valence was cut below the tow hooks for a plow package. And someone installed rubber bump stops on the front A-arms to support a plow and the front shocks were beefed up also, and the salesman told him that the tow hooks were gone cause there was a brushgaurd on the truck at one time. I also noticed that his 4wd vac lines were unpluged prob because the I.w.e's were grinding and the dealership didnt want to change them.. Lol my buddy was extremely pissed when I showed him all the things wrong with his new truck. I just laughed and smiled lmfao!!!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:12 AM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by CJS F-1
My good friend just bought a used 04 5.4 xlt and came over for a beer...i started inspectin his truck and found numeeous problems. First his fuel pump driver module was corroded and needed to b replaced. Then I noticed his front tow hooks were gone and the front valence was cut below the tow hooks for a plow package. And someone installed rubber bump stops on the front A-arms to support a plow and the front shocks were beefed up also, and the salesman told him that the tow hooks were gone cause there was a brushgaurd on the truck at one time. I also noticed that his 4wd vac lines were unpluged prob because the I.w.e's were grinding and the dealership didnt want to change them.. Lol my buddy was extremely pissed when I showed him all the things wrong with his new truck. I just laughed and smiled lmfao!!!!!
Your 'good friend' got royally screwed and all you can do is laugh?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
That's what I was thinking. I'm blessed to have better friends then that.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAWMAN556
That's what I was thinking. I'm blessed to have better friends then that.
Me too. If you were such a good friend, you would go back to the dealership with him to raise hell and get his money back! It can be done. BELIEVE ME!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lemon law ftw
Old 08-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Your "friend" should have had the truck inspected prior to purchase. The front valance being cut up should have been obvious to him, causing a more detailed inspection. Sounds like he bought on impulse.

Let the buyer beware
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 AM
2015 F-150 King Ranch 4x4

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
X3
Old 08-19-2011, 08:49 AM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
Your "friend" should have had the truck inspected prior to purchase. The front valance being cut up should have been obvious to him, causing a more detailed inspection. Sounds like he bought on impulse.

Let the buyer beware
He made a mistake, does that qualify him to be laughed at? Over the edge by a bit.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Glad your not my good friend....
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CJS F-1
Might I recommend a book?

How to Win Friends & Influence People How to Win Friends & Influence People

Quick Reply: My buddy got suckered at a dealership!!!