Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Monroe Quick Struts

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Monroe Quick Struts

Looking to replace the OEM struts and not wrap a ton of money up on the 5100's since I already have the spacer and AAL in the rear. I have 144K on the original struts and there was a ton of creaking the last time I was driving on the beach. I found the Monroe Quick Struts on Rock Auto for not too bad. Has anybody heard or have any feedback on Monroe parts?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

I have Monroe Quick Struts on my truck with a 2.5" level. I like them although the only thing I can compare them too was the OEM struts with 125,000 KM on them. But they do ride a lot better then those struts did. The quick struts had a couple different models listed on Rock Auto when I bought mine and I bought the premium model.

Install was easy enough to do. Took me about an hour to swap the first one. And about 10 minutes on the second one haha. The bolts on the top strut mount were pretty rusty so it took some cranking to get the nuts off. I would start lubricating those over the next week to break down the rust a little bit. Also, you need a pretty big socket for the bottom nut. You won't find it in a typical cheap socket set kit. Sorry but I can't remember the size.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did you pull th trigger on these struts? I am also in need of some front struts and I'm torn between the Monroe quick struts or the Rancho quick lift loaded struts. I do want to level out the truck so if I went with the monroe's I would also get spacers.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rancho all the way. No spacer and they are adjustable. The bottom nut is a metric 24

Quick Reply: Monroe Quick Struts