Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mod ideas? (New to the game)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 PM
New Trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Mod ideas? (New to the game)

So I have hada number of smaller trucks, typically dodges and just picked up a 2006 Silver XLT Stock everything. I just ordered a leveling kit, tints are gonna be done tomorrow.... any mod suggestions? I've heard great things about K&N intakes, Also, have chrome runners and bumper covers - looking to black out my truck, any place to trade chrome for charcoal or black? Or anyone willing too?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jvillainous
So I have hada number of smaller trucks, typically dodges and just picked up a 2006 Silver XLT Stock everything. I just ordered a leveling kit, tints are gonna be done tomorrow.... any mod suggestions? I've heard great things about K&N intakes, Also, have chrome runners and bumper covers - looking to black out my truck, any place to trade chrome for charcoal or black? Or anyone willing too?
Use the search...check/read up on Krylon Fusion paints and plasti dip (purchase at home depot). Easy to use stuff with 1000's of uses!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive moved away K&N I think the quality isn't that great, it's your truck and nobody can tell you what to do. But make decisions on what you thinks best, not just cuz everyone else uses it. And leveling kits are a good idea, but if u don't plan on lifting it the most I would go is 2.5" because 3" will change your angles on your suspension and steering which will cause problems, my buddy just spent a grand on a new front end because he had 33's on a 3" level

Quick Reply: Mod ideas? (New to the game)