Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mod ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Mod ideas

I was just hoping to get some good ideas for some fairly cheap and easy DIY projects anybody post pic of some cool mods and hopefully I can get some good ideas
Old 06-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Mudflaps all around $20. Gonna get the chrome weights this summer sometime.

Cb $50

Dual antennas $20

Mod ideas-forumrunner_20120616_205839.jpg
Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 PM

Thanks man! Let's get some more
Old 06-16-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plasti-dipped emblems (bout 7 bucks for a can of plasti dip you wont even use a 1/4 of)

Can plasti dip the running boards as well (havnt done so yet but will be soon)

Smoked lights, can of VHT nightshades is about 15 bucks, can smoke your tailights and headlights as well as fogs, and even third brake lights, or buy a roll of tint film for about the same price and do it that way.

Painted calipers, can of engine enamel is about 8 bucks, easy to use, whole new look for the truck

Actually get tinted windows, usually around 100 bucks,

Custom lightbars/bull bars, and or custom lights, led strip setups, etc.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Derfdog15
plasti-dipped emblems (bout 7 bucks for a can of plasti dip you wont even use a 1/4 of)

Smoked lights, can of VHT nightshades is about 15 bucks, can smoke your tailights and headlights as well as fogs, and even third brake lights, or buy a roll of tint film for about the same price and do it that way.

Painted calipers, can of engine enamel is about 8 bucks, easy to use, whole new look for the truck

Thanks I've really been thinking about painting my calipers I just didn't know what to do it with

I already have bull bar lights etc.
Attached Thumbnails Mod ideas-image-1823137474.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 05:21 AM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

$7 for a can of Plastidip? Around here they're $25 a can!

Originally Posted by Black_05f150
Thanks I've really been thinking about painting my calipers I just didn't know what to do it with

I already have bull bar lights etc.
That's your truck? Damn, I wouldn't do a thing, it already looks great! That's an awesome set up.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:22 AM

I was talking for a spray can of the dip, not a quart that you would put in your own spray gun, lol!

As for painting the calipers it is really easy to do, just take of the wheel, and go to town, can scuff it a little or better adhesion. Anything that gets on the disk will come on after a few minutes of normal driving/braking and if the hub is painted to match the caliper it looks amazing IMO.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:18 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was talking for a spray can of the dip, not a quart that you would put in your own spray gun, lol!

As for painting the calipers it is really easy to do, just take of the wheel, and go to town, can scuff it a little or better adhesion. Anything that gets on the disk will come on after a few minutes of normal driving/braking and if the hub is painted to match the caliper it looks amazing IMO.
I went to autozone and got the Dupli-Color caliper paint kit which comes with the can of paint, caliper cleaner, wire brush, and the paint brush. It was $20 and was very simple to do. There is enough paint to do about 20 calipers it seemed like, so there is plenty of paint. And the paint brush they give you ain't worth a flip. It broke on me while I was painting the second caliper. I didn't have another small paint brush, so what I did was take a bigger paint brush and cut some of the bristles off and wrapped duct tape around the end for a handle. My little jerry rigged paint brush worked way better then the one they include in the kit.

Hey Derdog15, do you have any pictures of the hubs painted to match the calipers? I only painted the calipers and still have plenty of paint left and was wondering if the look is worth taking the tires off again.

Here's some pics of my calipers:

FRONT:

REAR:

Im going to redo my rims and put a ton of clear coat on so that they are more shiny, but here's what the calipers look like with 35s:

And this is what they looked like after they've been cleaned:

Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 PM

Sure, let me go snap some pics, mind you mine are black, since I had some black engine enamel ad felt it would help the black and blue theme for my truck. Ill go snap the pics and post em here.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Here you go! As you can see it is a somewhat subtle thing with black, it would pop much more doing red. Hope these help! Also remember that the rears are going to be more apparent since the hubs are larger or seem larger and the calipers are much smaller!

The following users liked this post:
FL0rida CrAcK3r (06-19-2012)

Quick Reply: Mod ideas