Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Memory Driver Seat and Pedal Swap Write Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Memory Driver Seat and Pedal Swap Write Up

So this is a very specific write up because it is for anyone who has swapped in leather power seats with memory into a F150 that never had these features.

If you are thinking that you would like Leather seats with power the swap is actually pretty simple to get them to work and doesn't require you to source anything other than the donor seats. I created a write up last year on how to wire up power seats into an XLT or other sub lariat trucks.
https://www.f150forum.com/f4/leather...8/#post2220722

Ok so you swapped in power seats and they have the memory switch on the side and you are like me and can't stand to have loose ends that dont work on your conversions. Well the following write up will explain how to get the memory settings to work:

You may notice the title says Pedals as well. The adjustable pedals are not necessary as far as i know to get the memory seat to work. I personally swapped in the pedals as well but the wiring is still the same for the memory circuit regardless of whether or not you ad the pedals because they are controlled by the seat module under the drivers seat.

Well after that wordy intro this operation is pretty simple. Assuming you have completed the above conversion with the seats. This just requires two things.

1. You will need to swap in a Lariat cluster (maybe an Fx4 cluster will work if it had the memory seats as well not sure) This is because the lariat cluster stores the information for the seat settings in the microprocessor. The lariat cluster is a plug and play affair for the most part except a few issues. The Lariat cluster three remote mounted buttons to control the cluster where as the XLT does not.
So first you will need to address the button issue.
here is a link to the button install.https://www.f150forum.com/f4/how-ins...r-work-208772/

Second to mount those buttons you will need to change the speedometer bezel for one from a lariat in order to mount those buttons.

2. You will need to locate the Violet wire in the Driver's seat connector.

This is the connector.

This violet wire need to be spliced into the the CLuster's UBP dataline.
The cluster UBP wire is also violet and is located on pin 29 of connector C220A. This is the larger connector on the left side of the cluster as your facing it from the seat. Make sure too just piggy back this wire. It is part of a communication system and depending on your model there are probably other things in your truck that use this line to communicate to the cluster through the UBP.

That is it. If your electric seats you swapped in worked then hooking the violet wire up to the UBP on a lariat cluster should get you memory seat settings.

I hope this is helpful to someone out there. I am not sure what pics would really be useful here but feel free to request any additional info or pics you think you need.

Quick Reply: Memory Driver Seat and Pedal Swap Write Up