Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lowering questions on my 1st F-150.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering questions on my 1st F-150.

New to the board so "Hey everyone". Thanks for the all the info. It's really helpful. Been reading here for a month. Doubt I will be able to give back for awhile though as a first time F-150 owner and I'm not really a mechanic/modder.

So out of necessity I have to lower the rear of my 07 fx4 scab and I have questions. I have been reading about lower shackles and block removal for awhile now and it seems every truck is a lil different.
Perhaps I can get some feedback to best achieve my goal as I'd like to do this once.

1. Wondering should I go block removal or shackles? I am not concerned with saving a few bucks. I just want smoothest ride. I was gonna remove blocks but I absolutely do not want to compromise comfort because we have bad roads around here. I never tow or haul anything of significant weight so that's not a factor. I also don't have huge tires to be concerned about either.

2. With whatever option I choose (shacks or blocks) do I need to factor that it when choosing shocks because I also will be replacing shocks at this time?

3. Are these the Bilstein 5100's best for a 2 inch drop or does it depend on if i go shacks or blocks?

4. Also I just removed a 2 inch lift kit from this truck and I will be posting them for sale soon if anyone is interested. Can anyone identify this brand or what years this kit will work for and what would be a good price to ask to give someone a good deal without giving them away for free? I really have no idea. Is this the correct area to post items for sale for my truck? https://www.f150forum.com/f61/

Thanks for helping yet another noob with questions that have been beat into the ground.

Lift kit going up for sale tomorrow. Whats a good price? Do u know the years or styles this kit will fit?

As it is now

my blocks?

Are these the best shocks for this truck with a 2 inch drop?

Quick Reply: Lowering questions on my 1st F-150.