Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

looking for yours opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 AM

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Default looking for yours opinion.

i was just looking for your alls opinion. here this coming summer im going to be looking for a 04 xlt 4x4 with the 5.4 an around 80.000 miles. i know to check on kbb an look around for the going prices becus it can vary from place to place but i wanted to know what you all think would be a good price to pay for the truck. i know obviously the lowest but like a good dea that ud take or that i could get from lot or private seller just to give me a base to what to try and get.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Buy one of those "Auto Trader" type magazines that specializes in just trucks (Truck Trader?) that you'll find at the local 7-11's or Jiffy Mart type stores. Then read through them to see what the average asking prices are for the truck you're wanting to buy (year, make, model, options, mileage, etc).

Take a ride out to some dealerships and see what they are asking (usually higher than those that are for sale privately).

You'll get a handful of opinions here, and looking here at the "TRADES and SALES" section labled "2004 - 2008 Trucks for sale" can also be helpful, but your going to have to do some of your own research locally.
Each area can be higher or lower than others. I found that buying my truck in Texas was better than Central Florida; there seemed to be more of a selection of used trucks in the Dallas area then in the Central Florida area when I bought mine.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZWilson07
i was just looking for your alls opinion. here this coming summer im going to be looking for a 04 xlt 4x4 with the 5.4 an around 80.000 miles. i know to check on kbb an look around for the going prices becus it can vary from place to place but i wanted to know what you all think would be a good price to pay for the truck. i know obviously the lowest but like a good dea that ud take or that i could get from lot or private seller just to give me a base to what to try and get.
I probably wouldn't offer anymore than $10,000 for it...it would have to be in great shape interior and ex. for top dollar $10,000. Any dents, scratches, negative carfax, etc. would make me offer a lot less. Plus...you'll be wanting to buy in the summer, where market is most likely not calling for many trucks to be sold. You should be able to get better pricing on a truck during that time than you would fall/winter, when everyone wants a truck.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Craigslist is also a good place to check. I think about $9k or less would be a good price. It is always better to look around and just wait till a good deal pops up.

Quick Reply: looking for yours opinion.