Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Light Bar lower grill / No frame notch

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Light Bar lower grill / No frame notch

Figured I would put up a couple pictures of what I used to mount a Chinese Light Bar up front in the lower grill of a 2008 FX4 without notching the frame to fit the standard 30"

The bar is a 28" flood spot combo and fits pretty well. Word of advice though it negatively affected the cooling capabilites of the transmission cooler, going to have to deal with that when I get back into spring summer hauling, saw transmission temperatures climb over 220 when before never reached anywhere higher than 190. Same trailer and load.

Also hooked light up with a old dimmer switch from an older truck, easy on/off with your left foot instead of flicking switches every time.

Install on lower lip of bumper from backside, lightbar actually sits atop of this instead of hanging upside down. Use a think a 3.5" bolt and 3" black pipe nipple. Strong support down there and have noticed no vibration issues so far.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good! How's the light output/quality of the chinese bar?
Old 10-28-2014, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not having seen a Rigid bar of same size I cant compare, but the output seems impressive, nice crisp clean light, I thought my HID's were bright but these wash them out and makes them feel dull when I turn the bar off. I dont think the distance output is as powerful. Had them on a gravel road and adjusted them a couple times, in snow theyre gonna be great. I had some lightforce 240 Blitz, those definitely shone further, but this thing cost me $200, cant complain.

Quick Reply: Light Bar lower grill / No frame notch