Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lift plus Level kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift plus Level kit

Hey everyone i just joined this site, and i have a question maybe some of u could help answer. Ok at the end of this month im taking my truck into cap-it for a 6" superlift master pack with the bilsteins. Now i have a 2.5" leveling kit on it right now. so when i asked the guy if i could keep it on with the 6" suspension lift he said NO. So i guess my question is... is it possible to have both on and if not how come. Any help with this would be appreciated!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

I dont see why not. People do it all the time.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Only if you have +6" coil overs in the front. Superlift likely comes with a strut spacer and you don't want to stack spacers.

If you get some taller coil overs then you can stack the spacer on top
Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You can also run 6" Bilstein struts and put the level on top.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:30 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a 4" Rancho and have a 1" spacer on top. But with rancho they don't use a spacer, you have to buy new coilovers, so that's why it works. I know guys do it, but 1" to 1 1/2" is the most Id put on top of a lift. The lift keeps your drive angles pretty close to stock, but not perfect, so the more you stack on top the worse the drive angles get. Just my opinion.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:31 AM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
Only if you have +6" coil overs in the front. Superlift likely comes with a strut spacer and you don't want to stack spacers.

If you get some taller coil overs then you can stack the spacer on top
Like bassackwards said, all depends on what your lift is coming with as far as the front struts, will they use the stock coil assembly and just throw a big spacer or actually replace the strut for a longer one. Since you said it's a bigger package with the bilsteins then either there gonna replace the stock struts for 4-6" Billys or replace them with regular Billys like stock.

If they do use a longer strut and not a big coil spacer, then yes you can use the 2.5" level. Another thing to look at is will the kit actually drop everything true 6". If its like the rough country kits they don't. So your angles aren't at stock positions, more like you have a small leveling kit installed. so you can only use so much if you decide to add a level.

Have any links to the actual kit or one similar hat your getting?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:48 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

So I have a procomp 6" with the strut spacer. Could I just thrown some leveling Bilstein's and set them to 1" or 2" inches. My cv axles are about stock or parallel with the ground.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by CHUMCHAL72
So I have a procomp 6" with the strut spacer. Could I just thrown some leveling Bilstein's and set them to 1" or 2" inches. My cv axles are about stock or parallel with the ground.
Yah you know never really thought about that situation but it would work. It would be the same as using 4-6" to take the big spacer out and replace with a smaller say 1"-2" leveling spacer.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by nickpatton_189
Like bassackwards said, all depends on what your lift is coming with as far as the front struts, will they use the stock coil assembly and just throw a big spacer or actually replace the strut for a longer one. Since you said it's a bigger package with the bilsteins then either there gonna replace the stock struts for 4-6" Billys or replace them with regular Billys like stock.

If they do use a longer strut and not a big coil spacer, then yes you can use the 2.5" level. Another thing to look at is will the kit actually drop everything true 6". If its like the rough country kits they don't. So your angles aren't at stock positions, more like you have a small leveling kit installed. so you can only use so much if you decide to add a level.

Have any links to the actual kit or one similar hat your getting?
The number on the kit is k960b and its a 6" superlift ss
Old 07-13-2013, 09:50 PM

Thx everyone for your input, its definetley helped me to understand it all!!!

Quick Reply: Lift plus Level kit