Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lift kit install in RI

Old 02-16-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit install in RI

Anyone know of any places in or near RI that will install a lift kit on my truck. I'm looking to get it done within the month. I have cash in hand, so I'm looking for a decent price. If anyone knows any shops that will do it for a good price it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

I was looking at a shop up in Maine that I was gunna have do mine but changed my mind and did it myself. I am in Fall River and didnt find any good shops in the area I trusted to touch mine. There are two shops in CT you can try. One is where I got my BDS lift from. It is called Valley Truck and Offroad in Ellington, CT. The owners name is Brent and is a great guy to deal with.
The other place I came across was Truck Toyz in Colchester, CT. I dont know anything about them but they have a website and seem okay.

Finally, one other place ive been to is a place in Foxboro MA right next to Gillette Stadium. It is called WC Motorsports. I went in there to ask them about an alignment after I installed my new hubs and tie rod ends. I was talking to them about gears and told me I couldnt fit 4.56 or 4.88 gears in my front or rear diffs. I just agreed and walked out. That was exactly what i needed to hear so i could walk right out. Dont let that discourage you from checking them out as Im sure they can install lifts but just wanted to share.

You mechanically inclined at all?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickksim1
Anyone know of any places in or near RI that will install a lift kit on my truck. I'm looking to get it done within the month. I have cash in hand, so I'm looking for a decent price. If anyone knows any shops that will do it for a good price it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
you might have a better chance finding answers if u post this same post in the Regional Forum section
Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
I was looking at a shop up in Maine that I was gunna have do mine but changed my mind and did it myself. I am in Fall River and didnt find any good shops in the area I trusted to touch mine. There are two shops in CT you can try. One is where I got my BDS lift from. It is called Valley Truck and Offroad in Ellington, CT. The owners name is Brent and is a great guy to deal with.
The other place I came across was Truck Toyz in Colchester, CT. I dont know anything about them but they have a website and seem okay.

Finally, one other place ive been to is a place in Foxboro MA right next to Gillette Stadium. It is called WC Motorsports. I went in there to ask them about an alignment after I installed my new hubs and tie rod ends. I was talking to them about gears and told me I couldnt fit 4.56 or 4.88 gears in my front or rear diffs. I just agreed and walked out. That was exactly what i needed to hear so i could walk right out. Dont let that discourage you from checking them out as Im sure they can install lifts but just wanted to share.

You mechanically inclined at all?
I'm just nervous about cutting the frame. I'm actually really interested in either the 6" or 8" bds which I noticed you have. Did the shop you bought it from give you a deal, or just give you the online price. I may be giving them a call Monday
Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM

I'm just nervous about cutting the frame. I'm actually really interested in either the 6" or 8" bds which I noticed you have. Did the shop you bought it from give you a deal, or just give you the online price. I may be giving them a call Monday
Yeah a great deal...about 600 bucks less than what it says online. Yeah give Brent Moser a call at Valley Truck and he will hook you up. I doubt dropping my name would matter because he is a dealer in BDS/Zone products and gets them for way below price. Ive been over there 4 times ordering things.

Yeah Ive had the 6" BDS with replacement struts which i replaved with the 8" struts a couple months later. The 6" kit with replacement front struts (not the 6" spacer), driveshaft spacer, and Fox rear shocks cost me 2200. Later, I also got a steering stabilizer and had to get replacement cam bolts because I had to cut mine out when i replaced my lower control arms. Anyways, I had my lift kit shipped right from BDS in Michigan to my work here in Fall River. Cost the same as getting it shipped to him and having to trek to CT to pick it up.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 PM

Cutting the frame was the easiest part of the entire install...Getting the bolts out of the lower control arms, switching the brake lines, and cutting apart the rear springs to do the AAL were the top 3 hardest for me and my buddy. Even then those things werent awful. Air tools makes it 10x easier though.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by JarreT329

you might have a better chance finding answers if u post this same post in the Regional Forum section
True...he got lucky I checked this forum when i did. haha.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
Cutting the frame was the easiest part of the entire install...Getting the bolts out of the lower control arms, switching the brake lines, and cutting apart the rear springs to do the AAL were the top 3 hardest for me and my buddy. Even then those things werent awful. Air tools makes it 10x easier though.
Thanks for all your help! That sounds like a no brainier I will defiantly be giving him a call sometime next week.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 PM

Thanks for all your help! That sounds like a no brainier I will defiantly be giving him a call sometime next week.
No problem man. Good luck. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:14 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't recommend truck toyz, I've gone there asking for parts and they told me no they suck and pushed their product only. For my Fabtech 6" lift they quoted $1200 for install, which I don't know is a good price, I ended up paying a fried to install. Then I talked to them at a fund raiser event about tires and how u found a good deal online. He said to call him later about a better price. He couldn't beat the price and I heard the owner in the background being very pissy about it and swearing. I was looking forward to giving them my business but his poor attitude drove me away and has me having no issue about telling people to avoid him. I've spoke to other people and they mention they he does have a crappy attitude and unless you know him, they are use to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift kit install in RI