Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

led's....what a pain....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default led's....what a pain....

need some help. i have a 2006 FX4. i got mark III's from f150leds.com. ive gotten other led's from them, never an issue. i could not get them to work, even w resistors from them. it would turn off the fog lights. then the high beams would turn off certain lights. just a mess.

i have no issues w them at all. they have been great. im not upset w f150leds at all. they have been great, minus the issue with one of their products. im not here to bash them.

have other people had issues w other brand of led headlights? i really want led headlights on my truck but i want to make sure they work out of the box. if you have them on your truck, please let me know what brand you got.

thanks fellers!!
Old 06-29-2016, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I buy all my lighting stuff from hidnation.com they have led and hid kits that you can configure to your liking. Life time warranty for $20 too
Old 06-30-2016, 04:24 PM

Received 3,055 Likes on 1,685 Posts

I've been using the H13 leds from 4x4truckleds for a couple months without issue. No glare, they have a cutoff and they're brighter at night than the halogens.

Before I tried them, I was 100% against PnP leds in a housing made for a halogen bulb. Even got into a bit of a war on a different f150 forum with 4x4truckleds and telling him his product wouldn't work.

Eventually after taking with him a bunch I wanted to see for myself.

Here's my review.

https://www.f150forum.com/f83/honest...lights-348000/
Old 07-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Luge let me ask you a question, what year is your truck? Is it a 2014 or earlier using the H13s? If so I know what your issue is. 2008 knows very well as well, because he originally tested out a set for me and they had issues until I sent him a set that finally worked. It took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Is the problem you are having where 1 side seems to work fine but the other does not... or where sometimes your HIGH BEAMS don't work? If so, it's the same issues I had early on.

This is why I spend a lot of time doing R&D and working with some of my (willing) customers... I dont' want to knock those guys so I won't but the product you installed looks identical to the one I sell... with a few differences... mine work

My advice IF you are using the H13 from them, send them back as they won't work. They will either work the first time out of the box or never work properly at all (ask 2008, the first set I sent him DID NOT work, i'll be honest, but now they work fine and even the newer ones I have work fine, he tested out a new kit from me just last week to ensure they work)
Old 08-01-2016, 12:50 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

*IMO* skip on he LED headlights and get some H.I.D's
Old 08-01-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

IMO go with LEDs not HIDs. HIDs require a warm up time. If you have your lights set to flash when you lock the doors it is very hard on HIDs. LEDs are ready to go as soon as they get power. Im not understanding your problem completely. Is the problem strictly between the fogs and headlights? Do you have LED fogs? If so did you try a resistor on the fog lights? Having LED fogs and heads causes problems for the computer. It can not tell if the fogs are on or off. If you put a resistor on the fogs it should fix your problem. If this is indeed your problem?
Old 08-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

FYI the headlights don't flash with lock and unlock, only the parking lights. LED's are awesome when they are in a housing made for LEDs. HID's are awesome when they are in a housing made for HIDs. Halogen's are awesome when they are in a housing made for Halogens. Crazy how this works!

I'd say the correct choice depends strictly on the type of housing you have.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:17 AM

^^^^ There it is! I wondered how long before we had somebody jump in with the same old tired complaint! Yes, we're all aware.

Edit: I stand corrected about the headlights on lock and unlock. HIDs still do however need a warm up period. Its bad for them to turn on and off without properly warming up.

Last edited by BadFish523; 08-01-2016 at 10:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
xMUDKINGx (08-02-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenG
^^^^ There it is! I wondered how long before we had somebody jump in with the same old tired complaint! Yes, we're all aware.

Edit: I stand corrected about the headlights on lock and unlock. HIDs still do however need a warm up period. Its bad for them to turn on and off without properly warming up.
yeah facts are super annoying when you don't believe in them. But yeah you're right, HID's take the most abuse when they are first turned on, no argument there. Kinda like an engine, doesn't stop you from turning your truck on though.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:24 AM

Also I've never seen a set of halogen lights that were awesome. Halogens are tried and true but far from awesome! They are old outdated technology.

Quick Reply: led's....what a pain....