Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED(Opt-7) install in Anzo U-Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED(Opt-7) install in Anzo U-Bar

I own a 2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 5.4 triton, modded with Light Bar, Anzo U-bar projector headlights, upgraded exhaust. I am a college student so bear with me, on any costs you might suggest.
So, I have had these LEDs sitting in my truck for a while. I've tried installing them before but it seems like it's been causing issues(if anyone can help me figure out why this happened). The major problem i ran into with installing these headlights, is that when i installed them i plugged in everything it had with it, the relay, resistors, and ballast with it. And i installed one side, turned on the light to see the comparison between halogen and LED. I noticed that the light was extremely dim... could this be due to a ground issue? i know it probably was not the best place to place one. The bolts on the side of the engine.... or ..... could it have been a voltage issue between the halogen and the LED running at the same time? or maybe both?
That wasn't even the biggest issue, after i had noticed how dim it seemed in the LED, my fuses seemed to have burnt out, and my blinkers were rapidly blinking on one side, the gauge light was off, and the tailight only worked when i hit the break. (yes, i got pulled over for this a night and got a warning). However, this was fixed by a new fuse
So after all that... I've been pretty skeptic about installing them again, i feel like i am the only one to have come across this issue. and i cannot find an answer anywhere else on the internet. I am having my friend help me install these. I am a fair bit experience with cars myself, however he's more experience with LEDs and wiring and any customizations for cars. The LEDs themselves seem to make a tight fit into the headlight socket, except with the bracket. they do not fit well inside the bracket. if you dont know the Anzo headlight housing is not similar to a stock H13 housing. It is a h4 housing in the low beam. and the headlight sticks out far enough to where we might have to drill a hole inside of the truck behind the headlights just to make it fit better.
My only thought on a solution of avoiding all of what happened above, is to install both LEDs at the same time and test them both. not leaving one halogen and one LED and turning it on.