Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED Fog Light bracket?

Old 03-19-2015, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LED Fog Light bracket?

Hey all,

Like many others my fog lights constantly get moisture in them and blow bulbs. To remedy this and add some additional light, I'm looking at adding some LED fog lights like these:
Amazon.com: SHANREN 2Pcs 4" 18W CREE LED Work Light bar Flood beam 60 degree waterproof for Off-road Truck Car ATV SUV Jeep Boat 4WD ATV Auxiliary Driving Lamp(Park of 2): Automotive Amazon.com: SHANREN 2Pcs 4" 18W CREE LED Work Light bar Flood beam 60 degree waterproof for Off-road Truck Car ATV SUV Jeep Boat 4WD ATV Auxiliary Driving Lamp(Park of 2): Automotive

I know, they're cheap, I'm frugal. Maybe if I try them, like them, and they fail, I'll step up to the plate and get some more expensive ones.

My question is, does someone make a bracket for mounting this type of light? Also, what sort of additional wiring would I need to plug these into the stock socket and have it run off the stock **** in the cab?

Thanks everyone,
Matt
Old 03-19-2015, 12:58 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Seriously just bout the LED fogs made for our trucks from TRS. There like $160. Those aren't a Fog beam, I don't care what the description says.

Wayne
The following users liked this post:
UFMatt (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 05:58 AM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

From the picture of the light "beam" it really looks like fog head lights, IMO
Old 03-19-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Z7What
Seriously just bout the LED fogs made for our trucks from TRS. There like $160. Those aren't a Fog beam, I don't care what the description says.

Wayne
What's TRS? Tried searching google but came up empty-handed.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Retrofit Source

Its an online based company from Atlanta that sell top quality lighting for pretty much any kinda vehicle job you can think of. Be careful tho, once you go on their website be ready to pretty much give up your paychecks due to all the amazing stuff they have
Old 03-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Captain Stringer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by UFMatt
Hey all,

Like many others my fog lights constantly get moisture in them and blow bulbs. To remedy this and add some additional light, I'm looking at adding some LED fog lights like these:
Amazon.com: SHANREN 2Pcs 4" 18W CREE LED Work Light bar Flood beam 60 degree waterproof for Off-road Truck Car ATV SUV Jeep Boat 4WD ATV Auxiliary Driving Lamp(Park of 2): Automotive

I know, they're cheap, I'm frugal. Maybe if I try them, like them, and they fail, I'll step up to the plate and get some more expensive ones.

My question is, does someone make a bracket for mounting this type of light? Also, what sort of additional wiring would I need to plug these into the stock socket and have it run off the stock **** in the cab?

Thanks everyone,
Matt
I just installed 7" flood LEDs like these on my truck. Just a piece of advice, if you want to use these as fog lights, buy the spot beam and aim them towards the ground. The floods disperse too much light to be used on the road with traffic or in residential areas. I think I am going to be moving my floods to the rear for added reverse lighting and purchase the spots for the front.
UFMatt (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by stringer
I just installed 7" flood LEDs like these on my truck. Just a piece of advice, if you want to use these as fog lights, buy the spot beam and aim them towards the ground. The floods disperse too much light to be used on the road with traffic or in residential areas. I think I am going to be moving my floods to the rear for added reverse lighting and purchase the spots for the front.
Care to go into detail on how you installed them?
Old 03-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Parts Guy

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

All the ones that I have seen I mean everyone, the person has used the factory fog light housing. Removed the clean lens and just mounted in there. It looks real good. Just like the factory ones that come on raptors. I have been thinking of doing this also. Have not seen them this cheap before.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Captain Stringer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by UFMatt
Care to go into detail on how you installed them?
I removed the fog light housings from the factory brackets and discarded the housings due to them being melted and filled with mud/condensation. From here I simply drilled a hole in the bracket for the bolts on the LEDs (you will need to cut some of the ribbing on the bottom of the fog light brackets). As for wiring, since I originally wanted the LEDs to be my fog lights, I spliced the wires into the fog light wiring harness so that they turn on and off when I activate the fogs on my headlight switch.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts

Like this?

6" flood and spot combo. I used the existing fog light brackets and drilled one hole to mount. Spliced existing wires

lakeSTLFX4 (03-25-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Fog Light bracket?