Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Leather Driver's Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Driver's Seat Issue

Guys, I have a tear in my leather seat. It is on the bottom section on the side wall near the seat adjustment handles right before the seat ends and the plastic begins.

The leather (fake leather on that portion i think) is just worn out from being squashed all the time.

Anyone know of a site i can get a replacement leather seat bottom? I am having a hard time hunting one down. I dont need the full seat or some crappy seat cover. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

You're dealer can order you one. Expensive though.

Try an apolstory shop. My dad used to do these repairs for eating establishments. A repair consists of placing a cloth behind the split/tear, then applying the colored "goop" into the split/tear, and heating it with a small round iron.

If the person is good, they can match the color perfect, and you will not notice the tear. It is stronger than the leather too. My dad was a master at these repairs.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
You're dealer can order you one. Expensive though.

Try an apolstory shop. My dad used to do these repairs for eating establishments. A repair consists of placing a cloth behind the split/tear, then applying the colored "goop" into the split/tear, and heating it with a small round iron.

If the person is good, they can match the color perfect, and you will not notice the tear. It is stronger than the leather too. My dad was a master at these repairs.

Cool. I called a car apolstory shop today and they gave me a rough qoute of $180.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Sontan
Cool. I called a car apolstory shop today and they gave me a rough qoute of $180.
Yikes...my dad did these repairs for no more than $30.00! If the ripe/tear was under two inches, this repair was very successful.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Yikes...my dad did these repairs for no more than $30.00! If the ripe/tear was under two inches, this repair was very successful.

Well i need so show you a pic. It is just that a good 1" x 3" section of the side of the seat is kind of rotting away on the side wall from being squashed all the time getting in and out of the truck. Also i think the side walls are some sort of fake leather. I think it would be a hard fix just cause of the location.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 PM

What year is your truck? Im trying to do a study on the leather seats for F150s. Height and weight as well and if it has a step bar. The seats can be either very senestive or very durable but theys factors have a big role in it
Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hernan99
What year is your truck? Im trying to do a study on the leather seats for F150s. Height and weight as well and if it has a step bar. The seats can be either very senestive or very durable but theys factors have a big role in it

its an 06 with a step bar. I weight 170 and have 90k on it. I squash that bad spot everytime i get in and out of the truck.

Quick Reply: Leather Driver's Seat Issue