Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Just Another HID Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Another HID Question

I recently installed HID's in my headlight. I gotta say I love them. I just purchased the fog lights and installed them as well. Here is my problem. When the headlights and fog lights are on my highbeam light on the dash is barely light up.(it shouldn't be on at all) When I push the switch on the steering wheel forward the fog lights go off and the high beams come on. (here comes the tricky part) When I want to switch back to the low beams I pull the switch back towards me and the fog lights come back on but the high beams still stay on and do not go back to the low beams. the only way I can get the low beams to come back on is by turning off the foglights. I don't know if any of yall are familiar with the hid's but I bought the ones that retract back and forth when switched from high beam to low beam.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Do the headlight mod, pull relay 202 our of your fuse box (very top middle one) bend pin 1 over the side so you can put a female connector on it while the relay is plugged in and ground it...extremely easy and fixes it...had the same problem
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah it's called the bambi mod. there is a how to somewhere around the internet. it makes it to where you can run your fog lights and high beams at the same time which solves your issue.

Quick Reply: Just Another HID Question