Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

intermittant starting

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
zyglore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittant starting

Hello All, I have a 2005 F-150 XL 4X4 with the 5.4 and 159K on the clock. My problem: replaced the FPDM and a new 850cca battery, it still refuses to start every once in a while. Oh it cranks like a champ but doesnt fire. Drove around to four or five stops today and then it happened again. While waiting for my son to come get me I cycled through the start several times and then I was trying to move the column shift lever while the key was off and, of course, it would not move much. Tried to start once again and WOW fired right up. Any ideas folks? Love this forum and have gotten much good info. HELP?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zyglore
Hello All, I have a 2005 F-150 XL 4X4 with the 5.4 and 159K on the clock. My problem: replaced the FPDM and a new 850cca battery, it still refuses to start every once in a while. Oh it cranks like a champ but doesnt fire. Drove around to four or five stops today and then it happened again. While waiting for my son to come get me I cycled through the start several times and then I was trying to move the column shift lever while the key was off and, of course, it would not move much. Tried to start once again and WOW fired right up. Any ideas folks? Love this forum and have gotten much good info. HELP?
If you have another key try that see if it still does it. Have you tried replacing the crankshaft position sensor?

Quick Reply: intermittant starting