Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Interior Lights Replaced with LED's or Black Lights? Any pics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior Lights Replaced with LED's or Black Lights? Any pics?

So I've seen those cheap interior black lights/neons but I was wondering if its possible to switch out the stock dome light and the reading lights with black light bulbs or bulbs of any color for that matter. Anyone have any pics of different interior lighting or have a link to where you could purchase a good set?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 AM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil150
So I've seen those cheap interior black lights/neons but I was wondering if its possible to switch out the stock dome light and the reading lights with black light bulbs or bulbs of any color for that matter. Anyone have any pics of different interior lighting or have a link to where you could purchase a good set?
Yes its posible,have it done to my truck.Don't have any pics,but my dome and reading lights are red actually.I got them at advance auto parts.Its the same bulb that comes in our trucks,just a different color,thats all.I can take a pic later on today and post pics if you would like?With the dome and both reading lights,i spend a total of $14.80.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:14 AM

Ok yea a pic would great. I was also thinking red or black light. Well sounds like $15 well spent. Let me know when you get that pic.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

You can switch to LEDs and get a few different colors too. I think this site has some ultra violet (black light) ones:

www.v-leds.com
Old 01-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by GATORB8
You can switch to LEDs and get a few different colors too. I think this site has some ultra violet (black light) ones:

www.v-leds.com

Ahh awesome, Exactly what I was looking for. Now on another note, does anyone know if it's illegal in CA to change the color of your license plate lights? And knowing Cali I'm sure it is, my rule is usually: If it's cool, it's probably illegal.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Ahh awesome, Exactly what I was looking for. Now on another note, does anyone know if it's illegal in CA to change the color of your license plate lights? And knowing Cali I'm sure it is, my rule is usually: If it's cool, it's probably illegal.
Cali Code - 24601 CVC License Plate Light – Must be white
Old 01-16-2010, 07:38 PM
VanoFord2

Ok yea a pic would great. I was also thinking red or black light. Well sounds like $15 well spent. Let me know when you get that pic.
Gives ya some idea on how they look.Tried to get a dark setting on my cam,but couldnt find it,lol.Hope this helps somewhat.

First pic is dome light
Second pic is map lights
Attached Thumbnails Interior Lights Replaced with LED's or Black Lights? Any pics?-pictures-417.jpg   Interior Lights Replaced with LED's or Black Lights? Any pics?-pictures-418.jpg  
Old 01-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Skull31
Gives ya some idea on how they look.Tried to get a dark setting on my cam,but couldnt find it,lol.Hope this helps somewhat.

First pic is dome light
Second pic is map lights
Did you paint the housing (or whatever its called) yourself? If so what did you use and do to prep and such?

And yea those look sweet.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:01 PM
VanoFord2

Did you paint the housing (or whatever its called) yourself? If so what did you use and do to prep and such?

And yea those look sweet.
Yup,did the paint myself.Removed the lights of course,also removed all the internal guts of the housing(wiring and such)to get looking even.Scuffed it up with fine sand paper,primed it,then 3-4 coats of raceing red paint and let dry.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do you get the light covers off without braking them because i look at mine and there is really no way to get to the bulb with out popping them off. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Interior Lights Replaced with LED's or Black Lights? Any pics?