Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I have a whine....not sure if im over reacting, hlp plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a whine....not sure if im over reacting, hlp plz

So ill just be honest, i went camping last weekeend, and well 4x4+mud+beer=happy fun times, monday = sake lol. I got real dirty and didnt really notice anything till monday when i started up and she was whining, i beleive its on the pullies as the sound is deffinetly comming from there.

Ive been told once you get mud on your ford she'll always whine, however i am a little worried as i would hate to have a bearing blow or worse just straight up seize, has anyone else had a similar experience after gettin a little mud on your tires, and any hints tips to go with it would be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Some guy

Received 2,024 Likes on 1,286 Posts

Mine had a hell of a whine when I bought it. Turned out to be the A/C compressor. I found out during the summer one day when my compressor turned itself on and the sound went away. I just replaced the whole compressor vice f***ing with replacing the clutch.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Its not just Fords but more than likely what happened is you got water/mud in your idler or tensioner pulley and after it had time to set overnight it probably settled... usually only way to fix that is to replace which isn't a big deal.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine has whined like crazy for the past month.. Sounds like it's got a supercharger haha. I've been working out of town so much I haven't had much of a chance to change it.. They're cheap though just picked up a motocraft tensioner assembly with pulley for 60 bucks shipped. You could get away with going through your idlers and tensioner pulleys and see which of the bearings is ****ed and just change the pulley itself.. Mine has 138k so I figured I would do the tensioner also ..preventative maintenence so to speak lol

Quick Reply: I have a whine....not sure if im over reacting, hlp plz