Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**

This is how I wired up my towing mirrors to my 2006 XLT SCrew. If you can not remove the door panel or lower kick panels, this may not be the mod for you. Not responsible for any damages you may do yourself. Now, onto the fun.

After getting the door trim panel, kick panel by parking break, and door sill off, I started to find the wires needed. What I wanted to do was wire up the puddle lamps to my reverse sensors, this way to aid when I park at night and in garages (those that I can fit in). I knew that the black/pink stripe was reverse since I had spliced it for the LED Light bar. To make things easier, I cut the electrical tape around the bundle and found the wire. Spliced and ran it up towards the parking brake area. I decided to splice it here again and run the wire over to the passenger side as well. Then I found (after several mistakes) the signal for the LED turn signal, green w/ orange stripe. I decided to run these to the rear lights, and they function both as turn signals, hazards, and also illuminate when I hit the brakes. This might not be for most, so again, this is just how I did my truck and feel it helps drivers be more aware of me in traffic. The wire for the passenger mirror is orange w/ green stripe. I found grounds on each side of the lower kick panel where I wanted to run the wires into the door, so just started that there.

Now to run them up to the door. I found it was easier to bundle them w/ zip ties. Remove the rubber grommet containing the factory harness for locks/mirrors, and run your wires through it. After feeding the wires behind the plastic and up towards the mirror, I wired them based on the diagram found at Tascaparts.com (vendor posting for towing mirrors has this also). All I did was expose 1-2mm of wire on each, and threaded into their respective slots until they were exposed. Then I connected them to the mirror creating a solid connection. Thanks!
Pic list:

Driver side
Passenger side
Reverse
Ground
Attached Thumbnails How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**-drgr-.jpg   How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**-paor-gr.jpg   How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**-revbrake.jpg   How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**-towing-mirrors01.jpg  
Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bundle
Grommet
pigtail
Attached Thumbnails How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**-towing-mirrors06.jpg   How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**-towing-mirrors07.jpg   How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**-towing-mirrors08.jpg  

Quick Reply: How I Wired MY Towing Mirrors ** PIC HEAVY**