Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Headlight Smoke! (Not what you Think)

Old 01-25-2017, 10:04 PM
"Why Leave it Stock?"

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Headlight Smoke! (Not what you Think)

Good evening folks, I've got a problem and I wondered if anyone might have ran into the same thing.

Long story short, I put an LED 194 marker bulb in my headlights, and the driver's side one shorted (because they were poor quality in assuming) and literally fried. I noticed a smell in the cab before the fuse blew and I noticed the issue.

The result is that the light filled with electronic smoke and despite taking the Bulbs out and setting the headlight in the wind to air out, there is still a noticeable film of smoke on the inside of the lens as well as all over the reflectors.

Any idea of what I might be able to spray on the inside that will remove the film but not etch the poly?
Old 01-26-2017, 07:01 AM

Received 143 Likes on 109 Posts

I had this problem. When I finished my retrofits I bolted them up, put in a set of nice switchbacks from TRS. The drivers side switch back started smoking as soon as I turned it on. Luckily I caught it pretty quick. I was not able to fix the damage it had done. But, it did not get worse over time (such as fogging worse or turning yellow)

Hope you're able to figure something out.

Last edited by connorfx4; 01-26-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Search this Thread