Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Headlamp connectors/pigtails - Sharing good news

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 04:20 PM

Received 241 Likes on 174 Posts

Default Headlamp connectors/pigtails - Sharing good news

I went to replace my headlight bulbs (they were just old and not putting out as good as new ones do) and I snapped the locking tab on the connector that you press down on to remove it on one of the connectors. Obviously, this creates a problem with the connectors potentially sliding off since there is no longer anything to keep them in place. So, I ordered new pigtails and I figured I'd have to solder them on.

Today I figured I'd go ahead and take time to solder the new connectors on. Pulled out all of my equipment, but I really was not in the mood for soldering, so before cutting the wire to solder the new connectors on, I took the connector apart to see what the metal connectors on the inside looked like in both the new pigtail and the connector on the truck.

Well, lo and behold they were both were the same!!! Best news all day.

So, I was able to switch out the plastic connectors without having to do any soldering whatsoever. I am as happy as can be.

The new pigtail part number I used was 1P1475 (WVE Brand). However, by judging the appearance of other brands, it looks like most of the aftermarket ones I saw use the same design. The connector style is similar to the style of connector on the MAF.

For those that may not know what I'm talking about, here is a video below that shows the same thing, but with an ignition coil connector. As for tools, I used a screwdriver to pop out the plastic part inside the connector to access the metal connectors and a flathead precision screwdriver from a set that I bought from Dollar Tree to push up the plastic tabs that holds the metal connectors in so that I could pull them out.

Hope this helps someone in the future that has broken a locking tab while doing a routine bulb replacement.

Last edited by qdeezie; 01-22-2019 at 04:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
techrep (01-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Headlamp connectors/pigtails - Sharing good news