Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Genuine OEM sticker

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:28 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Genuine OEM sticker

If you found this sticker on a front bumper support part, would you assume it's been wrecked and repaired or could it be from factory ?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:52 PM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

no pic
Old 04-25-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe he means the sticker says "Genuine OEM"
Old 04-25-2017, 10:48 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LariatDude
Maybe he means the sticker says "Genuine OEM"
Yeah I'll get a pic tomorrow. It's a white and blue that says something as to " genuine oem ford parts" . I don't think factory off the line parts would ever have these stickers. Leads me to believe car had been repaired in some fashion since Carfax is clean.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:07 PM

I'll go check mine tomorrow as well for ya
Old 04-25-2017, 11:57 PM

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I once bought a slightly used 2003 Mustang GT convertible with 1k miles from a Ford dealer. After getting it home and in my garage, I notice a weird overspray on the rear quarter. I looked further and discovered parts labels all over the rear of the car. (Support, skin, etc..) It was obvious that the car hand been repaired and repainted.. the overspray was clear coat that had been applied with the fuel filler door opened. The next day I brought to a local body shop who confirmed my thoughts.. repaired and repainted.

I returned to the dealer, who originally assured me the car was never damaged prior to my purchase. They took the car for further inspection and gave me a loaner. They checked with the previous owner who claimed the car was never damaged while he had it. They called me back to the dealer to show where I thought the car was hit... and so I did. They called out their master tech who also agreed with me.

They checked further and claim the car was damaged during delivery to the original Ford dealership. The car was returned to the plant, repaired (poorly) and again sent to a dealer. Sold as new, traded in on a minivan then I bought it.

The dealer I bought it from, tried very hard to get me to keep the Mustang.. I declined and returned the car for a full refund...
Old 04-26-2017, 12:15 AM

Dang, yeah no don't take any car that was damaged then repainted **** poor. Even if it's surface damage especially done during transport at the dealer. Good eye on that one!!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I checked that car from every direction before I signed the papers... but the overspray was only evident under incandescent light... natural lighting, seemed to mask the flaws.. the color was called Mineral Grey.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:52 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

In most cases, any insurance type repairs that are filed will show up when doing a Carfax type report. When in doubt, ask for one (if buying from a dealership). In this case though, it was the original dealership that had it repaired (no insurance claim).
Old 04-26-2017, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by cmstric
Yeah I'll get a pic tomorrow. It's a white and blue that says something as to " genuine oem ford parts" . I don't think factory off the line parts would ever have these stickers. Leads me to believe car had been repaired in some fashion since Carfax is clean.
A lot of my original stuff has OEM/FoMoCo stickers on it, internal trim, airbox, headlights, etc. So does the repair stuff that I just got put on from the hit I took in February.