Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel leak

I was changing a fuel injector and now I have gas shooting out of what looks like the fuel rail ill add an image of where I think it's coming from. Any ideas for fixing it? I've tightened it as much as I could and am not a mechanic so that's as much as I could think to do.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also, that's not from my truck I found it online but that's where it seems to be coming from.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 1,264 Likes on 1,083 Posts

All of the devices on the fuel rail, the injectors and FPR, just use o-rings to seal. Tightening more doesn't do anything. If you have a leak it means an o-ring is damaged or not properly seated.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:50 PM
05 5.4l 3v s.crew lariat

Received 627 Likes on 564 Posts

Are you referring to the fuel pressure sensor gasket on the fuel rail .You have 2 fuel rails with one fitting going to fuel filter line . all injectors seal by orings , use new o rings and clean motor oil to seat them . Of course clean out all holes they go into . These are special orings available at box stores don't fail to use the new ones . I don't remember the gasket on sensor but if its orings get new ones for gasoline . Injectors should be changed out in sets , bad injectors can ruin your engine .
I'm not clear where your leak is .You phone cameras should give us your exact rail problem . But it sounds like the injector is not seated use motor oil .
Old 09-25-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I recently just replaced the injectors on my engine as well and had a similar issue. Fuel was shooting out the top of the injector where it mated with the fuel rail. I thought I had the injectors in there snug enough but after taking it all apart again I noticed the O-rings were damaged. I didn't lubricate the O-rings before putting them in and the dry rubbing ruined them causing the leak. Some new O-rings and a little gas as a lubricant on the o-rings and the injectors slid into the rail much more smoothly and no more leaking.
The following users liked this post:
Noah097 (09-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Fuel leak