Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ford Racing Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ford Racing Fuel Injectors

Good morning everyone. I recently replaced my fuel injectors, and I wanted to share some of the details of my experience. My truck didn't show any signs of fuel injector problems, but I've read a lot about the factory injectors sticking open, hydrolocking the engine, and bending connecting rods. After a lot of research, I decided to purchase the Ford Performance 24 lb Fuel Injectors (M-9593-LU24A). The 5.4 3v in the F-150 uses 24 lb injectors from the factory, so there was no need to reprogram the ECU. Now it runs like a new engine. It no longer downshifts on slight uphill grades. It has noticeably more power. It was $200 well spent.

This is the third time I've used Ford Performance parts. Each of the parts I've used have had a clear advantage over their standard OEM counterparts. The fuel injectors have six outlet holes to more completely atomize the fuel, while the Ford injectors have two. The oil pump has a steel backing plate to prevent pressure loss at higher RPMs. And, the roller followers have smaller oil ports to increase oil pressure throughout the engine.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the Ford Performance brand. Although, the new injectors are pastel purple in color, and give my engine a somewhat effeminate appearance. Not that it matters, nobody sees my engine but me.
The following 3 users liked this post by adrianjwalsh:
Ecobuilder (04-24-2018), Kevinpmac (04-22-2018), techrep (04-22-2018)

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Fuel Injectors