Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

First Ford: some concerns

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ford: some concerns

Hey guys, just bought my first F150, new to the forum, wanted to say hi and ask a couple of questions. The truck is an 06 Screw Lariat 4X4, 5.4L with 3.73 ratio, 80 000km, bone stock as far as i can tell. Bought her a month ago to replace my 01 Cummins Turbo that sadly didn't fit in the underground parking of my new apartment. I wanted to drive it for a while before approaching the forum with any questions, and while the ride is much more luxurious and smooth than any of the trucks I've owned I do have a few issues:

1. Minor vibration felt through the accelerator pedal. Consistent feedback of either the engine or the tranny through all rpm ranges. The Dodge had the same problem, but only in the TC lockup range. Anyone else have the same problem?

2. Can feel the wiper motor operation in both pedals, a thump when the arms hit the stops. Is this normal due to its location on the firewall?

3. Heavy thump in the rear end when accelerating on the highway. I can recreate this condition consistently by cruising at 80km/h 1500 rpm, then rolling on the throttle (like a diesel). When the rpm hits over 2000 and the tranny shifts the rear end thumps heavily and feels like it's going to drop off the truck. Stabbing the throttle produces mixed results, some shifts are smooth, others are brutal. This problem has me the most concerned.

4. I was going to ask about the engine ticking sound, but after reading a few threads it sounds like either I put up with it or change my oil filter.

Sorry for the metric (I'm from Vancouver) and the long post. This truck was a bit of an investment and I'm hoping to keep her in top shape for more than a few years, or until I wrangle some bigger paychecks. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Quick Reply: First Ford: some concerns