Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Finally got my new badges - have a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
July 2008 TOTM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Finally got my new badges - have a question

After 3 months of patiently waiting, I finally got my new badges. They are going on this weekend!! This will totally "de-chrome" my truck.

(I know some of you don't like the theme I am doing, and I respect your opinions)

My question is:

I have searched several Ford Forums in recent days to see if there are any "clips" holding on the Blue Ovals. (Please tell me I don't have to take apart the tailgate to get to any stupid clips that are on the posts of the oval!!!) The only thing that I can find is: "The Blue Ovals are held on my sticky tape and the guide holes." (I already know this about the other badges on the fenders and tailgate)
Can someone please verify this?

I don't want any surprises when I start pulling off the badges this weekend and want to get them all done at once.

Here are the pictures of the new badges:

This one is for the right side of the tailgate:

Tailgate replacement:

Fender Badges:

Thanks!! I will post pictures, once it is completed!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I can't say I know specifically for your year but I've pulled at least 5 to 8 emblems off Ford's and seems either ( pending size of emblem ) held on with double side tape or 2 holes and back of emblem has 2 sticky out pokey things ( yes, that IS the technical term for it! ).....
I've never had a problem holding a badge on with just double side 3M tape, long as it's the heavy duty kind.

On a side note, sweet badges and truck. I have a Red 93 Flareside and I'm doing it themed red and black accents too. Looks good, and look forward to seeing the badges on
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

The rear emblem is held on by tape, heat it up with a hair dryer and get some fishing line or even a flathead since you won't be using the old one's again. The front one you have to unscrew it from the backside of the grille and it should come off.

I'll take your old emblems off of you if you don't need them anymore.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome! A F-150 FX4 Sexy Edition.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 AM

Also, where did you get these made and how much?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:37 AM
July 2008 TOTM

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Also, where did you get these made and how much?
Thanks for the compliments everyone And, thanks for the info! I was NOT looking forward to taking apart a da** tailgate! The grill Oval will be a breeze!

I got these from BilletBadges.com. (He has a boatload of pictures, on his website, of the different custom badges he has made) I worked with Steve (I believe, one of the owners or THE owner), for about 2 months, to get the designs "just right", they way that I wanted them. Then it took close to 3 months for him to produce and ship. They are made out of 6061 billet aluminum, then powder coated and paint code matched to my exact paint color.

I paid, for the entire set, a little under $350.00 for them.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 AM

Yea he seems to do some great work. If your front and rear emblems are in decent shape after removing them would you mind shipping them to me, of course I'll pay for it and whatever you want for the emblems.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Holy crap. $350? You def got a better job then I do! But gotta admit, looks wicked and will be a nice touch....
Old 10-16-2008, 12:11 PM
July 2008 TOTM

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Yea he seems to do some great work. If your front and rear emblems are in decent shape after removing them would you mind shipping them to me, of course I'll pay for it and whatever you want for the emblems.
PM me I will take extra care, when removing them, not to damage them. You want the entire set (Both Ovals, both fender badges and tailgate badge)?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

VERY NICE!!

I feel you on the chrome thing....headed that way myself....your rig is lookin sweet!!

Quick Reply: Finally got my new badges - have a question