Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Few questions about an edge evo

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Few questions about an edge evo

So I just picked up a used edge evo and have a few questions.
1. On the cable what's the extra plug by the end that goes into the ob2 plug for
2. They have a number on the bottom that I searched for on the edge website and it returns nothing. The number is 15112. I plugged it in before purchasing and my trucks hex number showed up and it showed a stock setting I'm just curious what this number is before I program and destroy my PCM.
3. The dash pod is a slight lighter grey then my dash so has anyone painted to match and if so what's the color name or code.
4. According to the owners manual there is no number for the 295/70r18 tire size. So what would be my tire diameter to enter.

Oh yea it's on a 04 FX4 5.4. These are the only questions I have as I've searched and learned so much about this product from this forum. Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

1. The extra cable end is so that you can plug the evo into a computer and update the software. I bought mine used and the previous owner complained about how it wasn't that great and didn't work very well. I downloaded the program from Edge's site and updated my evo and it works awesome. The update took about 30 minutes
2. I believe 15112 is the model number of the evo but not 100% sure.
3. Not sure about painting---mine was a perfect match
4. I have the same tires. I can't remember what number I used, but I went to this website and they calculated it for me. www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator

It is a great programer. I set the tire size and level 2 and it really makes the truck come to life.

dave

Originally Posted by ericgivens
1. On the cable what's the extra plug by the end that goes into the ob2 plug for
2. They have a number on the bottom that I searched for on the edge website and it returns nothing. The number is 15112. I plugged it in before purchasing and my trucks hex number showed up and it showed a stock setting I'm just curious what this number is before I program and destroy my PCM.
3. The dash pod is a slight lighter grey then my dash so has anyone painted to match and if so what's the color name or code.
4. According to the owners manual there is no number for the 295/70r18 tire size. So what would be my tire diameter to enter.

Oh yea it's on a 04 FX4 5.4. These are the only questions I have as I've searched and learned so much about this product from this forum. Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 PM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is the manual http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=90&pvk=277 and the model is 15051 for our trucks... I can't find the 15112 in their line of products http://www.edgeproducts.com/view_all_products.php but maybe is a version of it as the ford products start with 15 per the last link

If you don't have the USB cable, you can use any that fits there. Is an standard mini USB cable. Same one I use with a Nikon camera, Sony camera, and some phones

Last edited by picaflor; 01-29-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did go to the website and read through the entire manual. I kind of figured the number was a model number and did as you did prior to posting and found no results. Even doing a google search showed nothing. I am new the the programmer scene and just thought I might be overlooking a few things. Thanks for the replies so far.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ericgivens
<snip>

<snip>
3. http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/sm_paint.asp
SM-F2001Ford Medium Flint (gray) 2002-2007D,E$19.95

4. 2734

Quick Reply: Few questions about an edge evo