Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Faulty throttle body from the day I drove it home...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty throttle body from the day I drove it home...

After owning my 2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 for 7.5 years now, I was on the verge of selling it. Since the day I've owned it, I have never been satisfied with the power. I assumed it was a standard feature of Ford and have lived with it this entire time. It hesitated horribly, lacked acceleration when I needed it, and bucked when I'd apply the gas slowly. My Dad and brother drove it and said it felt like they were towing a 5,000 lb trailer. Both of them own Chevy's so I got made fun of a lot.

I only have 61,500 miles on it and it is constantly needing work. Standard problems of all the windows falling into the door (only happened on trips far from home, away from civiliation, and on Saturdays. At this time I have replaced every power window regulator), sunroof track replacement when the plastic pieces shredded themselves, and recently replaced third brake light seal due to leaking. I've researched this lack of acceleration on the forum and have always contributed it to the throttle by wire and have considered flashing the PCM with a tuner like many suggest. I've done mild troubleshooting, replacing fuel filter, cleaning throttle body, etc. but have never seen an improvement.

Well, I finally took it in to address the problem and it was found with the dealerships scanner! The throttle body was off by 14 degrees! Technicians said that more then 3 degrees you will see drivability issues. They replaced the throttle body and I now FEEL the POWER I've been missing for so long. There is ZERO hesitation now! It must have been faulty from the day I left the dealership. I feel like I am driving a brand new truck! Can't believe it has taken me this long to fix...
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

That's awesome man!!! Glad to hear you got it all worked out.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's great man!!! I can't believe the dealership let you drive it off the lot in that condition, hopefully your family won't be makin fun of you anymore
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome news man!!! glad you didnt sell it!

Quick Reply: Faulty throttle body from the day I drove it home...