Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Factory Stereo Swap Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Factory Stereo Swap Questions

I have a 2007 F250 Lariat Super Duty and the previous owners removed the factory 6-disc changer and put a single DIN aftermarket radio in it. I'm not a fan of aftermarket stuff, so I've been wanting to get a factory stock radio back in it and thought about upgrading to the touch screen navigation for the same year, so it appears stock. I know the touchscreen radio also came with a factory amp and subwoofer, but I don't have those and don't plan on putting them in. Is there a way the dealership can program the touchscreen to work without the amp and sub? Also, my truck has steering wheel controls for the factory radio, will these be able to be used if I upgrade the radio to the touchscreen? Last question, I have an airbag light on on my dash, code pulls as a loss of communication at the bottom of the steering column. Could this be due to the aftermarket radio interfering with the steering wheel controls?
Old 02-25-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Quick thing to check would be the airbag light atop the dash above the radio. Make sure it's connected. It's possible it was not reconnected properly when the aftermarket stereo was installed.
The following users liked this post:
bhunt3450 (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mulestang
Quick thing to check would be the airbag light atop the dash above the radio. Make sure it's connected. It's possible it was not reconnected properly when the aftermarket stereo was installed.
Oh, I didn't realize that was for the airbag. I will definitely check that out. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Factory Stereo Swap Questions