Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

The F150 is gonna be a work truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Big Enuf?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The F150 is gonna be a work truck

Im starting a small business...mobile washing and detailing. getting a 6x10 enclosed trailer and loading it down with equipment, including a 250 gal. water tank, commercial pressure washer, compressor, generator, vacuum, carpet extractor, and all my cleaning supplies. trucks gonna start seeing some real work. Im not worried about it, actually kind of excited.]

I had considered having everything bolted into the bed, but when I figured it up I came up with at least a 2200 lb. load (with a full water tank)..and even if it did work, I lose all practicality and off-road ability from my baby, so the trailer is the best option. Ill get some pictures once everything is set up and working
Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 PM
U.S. Army National Guard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good plan bro, do you already have customers lined up?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck with the business. Are you buying a dual axle trailer? The single's typically have a gross limit of 3500. With the trailer weight and all that gear you'll be right near that. A dual axle bumps up to a 7000 limit and will give you a backup if one of those little tires fail.

Also, trailer brakes and a controller are going to be a must if you don't want to chew through brake pads on the truck every year.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Agreed about its own brakes and a brake controller.

My truck needs detailed in and out... How much? :-)
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Big Enuf?

actually, I already have about 2 weeks worth of washes lined up lol. my girlfriend works at an property management company and she has a bunch of renters that are jumping to give me business.

I am only going with a single axle trailer. Ive talked to a couple other "competitors" already and they all have similar setups and dont have any problems. Im gettin it all set up right, and Im gettin pretty excited about it

Ill do a wash/wax and interior vacuum and wipe down for $40 for all members here . but Im not drivin more than 15 miles
Old 06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Big Enuf?

Im also gonna be washing planes. my dads a pilot and has a single engine Cessna...he wants me to wash it and said he knew a lot of others that would probably want me to wash theirs. he figured it would be atleast a 4 hour job (depending onthe size of the plane) so he figured $150-$200 would be pretty reasonable
Old 06-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

GL man I've been thinking of starting something like that but its hard to just leave my job(I get paid really good) and take the risk....maybe one day
Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like an awesome idea man! man i wish i lived near ya $40 is a great price. my neighbor has a guy come by and wash her H2 and he told me hed detail mine for $80. i was like ha no thanks.......
Old 06-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Big Enuf?

Originally Posted by westtnfx4
GL man I've been thinking of starting something like that but its hard to just leave my job(I get paid really good) and take the risk....maybe one day
Im not actually leaving the job Im at now...I work at the bank part-time as a teller. I graduated college a year ago and cant find a job...BUT I had a decent income that was paying the bills, so Im not about to complain when so many people out there are jobless. I just want to up my income, and since my hours at the bank are from 8-2, as soon as I get off that gives me more than enough time to wash a couple of cars every afternoon

Originally Posted by TSmith
sounds like an awesome idea man! man i wish i lived near ya $40 is a great price. my neighbor has a guy come by and wash her H2 and he told me hed detail mine for $80. i was like ha no thanks.......
yeah, Im not set on prices yet, but that sounds pretty close...Im prolly gonna start my prices for small cars at around $35 and go up form there. of course full size trucks and SUVs are gonna cost more to wash. and I am serious, anyone who live in GA or close by and happens to come through Columbus sometime, let me know. I'll wash up your trucks or cars for ya
Old 08-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Big Enuf?

UPDATE: got everything together and have been doin this for about a month. I put in my two week notice at my job last Tuesday (August 31 will be my last day) and I am pursuing this full time. Heres some pics of the set up

Quick Reply: The F150 is gonna be a work truck