Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Edge Programmer Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Edge Programmer Help

Hey,

i bought a used programmer for my truck and tried to plug it into my laptop to see if there were any updates for it. IT says plug it into truck and return to level 0 program, i called the company to see what this is about and they said it was VIN locked, which i had no idea about or i wouldnt have bought this thing.

the company wants 100 USD to unlock it, but i was wondering if anyone knew how to do this without paying them what seems like a ridiculous fee.

thanks
Old 01-07-2019, 02:52 PM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

That I know of, there's no way.
Unless the PO returns it to stock from his truck.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:06 PM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Like Scorge says, it will need to be returned to the vendor to be reset to 0. If there is a DIY hack, I've never heard of one. Before you spend the money to ship it back, try to track down the previous owner and get the history on the unit. See if you can find the vehicle it's married to.
If that becomes a dead end, consider your options. You could go with a more capable tuner, or look for another Edge. I picked up one recently here for $75.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:01 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

price you pay for not ensuring it was set back to stock prior to purchasing... hopefully you got a get deal on it.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mulestang
Like Scorge says, it will need to be returned to the vendor to be reset to 0. If there is a DIY hack, I've never heard of one. Before you spend the money to ship it back, try to track down the previous owner and get the history on the unit. See if you can find the vehicle it's married to.
If that becomes a dead end, consider your options. You could go with a more capable tuner, or look for another Edge. I picked up one recently here for $75.
yea i tried that, the previous owner was good about it and claimed he had no idea about the vin lock thing. he gave me some money back cause of it. he sold the truck a long time ago and no idea where it is now

Originally Posted by techrep
price you pay for not ensuring it was set back to stock prior to purchasing... hopefully you got a get deal on it.
as mentioned, i had no idea about this vin lock feature, seems like another way to get you to spend money, and yea i got a really good deal on it. only paid 25 bucks after the guy gave me some money back
Old 01-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Great deal... pay Edge the fee to reset it and up dates and you will have a nice programmer for $125... still a great deal for that. It's not a VIN lock feature... once you install a program from the Edge into your ECU, it stores the OEM software on the Edge... when you done, you can put it back, but only on the ECU it came from (ie..VIN). so, whatever truck it came from still has an edge tune loaded on it and you now have that trucks ECU software on the Edge.

Quick Reply: Edge Programmer Help