Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Dual Siren Car Alarm Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dual Siren Car Alarm Setup

Howdy!

I want to hookup a second siren for my Python Responder Model 991. I have one siren mounted in the front of the truck near my off road lights, but I've noticed that when i'm parked facing another vehicle or wall,etc. it dampens the volume for alarm and Lock/unlock chirps. So to over come this, I picked a spot on the rear of my truck for a second siren. I know that the system doesn't provide enough power to run both sirens at full power and that i'll have to set up a relay system to power the second unit. I have a rough idea of how to do this but I'd like to see if any one has done this themselves or know enough about wiring, etc to give me some advice!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:28 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I'd not make the investment in a second siren. If the first one does not scare away a thief, a second one won't do much in that aspect either.

I had an alarm on my 2005 truck; for kicks and giggles, I manually operated it in a mall parking lot on a Saturday afternoon as I stood next to the truck. It screamed for at least 5 minutes; I watched folks look over, but no one made any attempt to react to the alarm. I even sat on the tailgate for another 10 minutes after disabling the alarm to see if anyone had called the police, and they were on their way; nothing.

Car alarms IMO, are simply as valuable as the surrounding publics attention to react to one; little to none.

Quick Reply: Dual Siren Car Alarm Setup