Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

driver rear door power window goes down but wont go up???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver rear door power window goes down but wont go up???

I changed out the regulator and motor still the same. bought both driver and rear door switches still does not want to roll up. checked to see if there was power both ways and the was.. dont know where else to look.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:48 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Bad replacement motor would be my guess, unless something is binding upon the reassembly of the regulator install. Glass going down is the easy part, as the weight of the glass helps with this part. It's the "up" part that puts the most strain in the motor and regulator.

Check the track the glass slides between for any binding; check the rubber or felt seals at the sides.
Old 05-02-2023, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2023 1,800 miles passenger door failed down.

Failed down while trying to just crack the window down enough to let some heat out. Kept driving itself down. Tried going back up nothing put the relay clicking on that side. Disconnected the battery thinking it could be reset etc. Well it did not and I couldn’t leave like that while traveling so o took the brand new door apart. Checked voltages all good tried jumping the pins at the motor nothing. Touched the motor it was HOT! Let it cool down pulled the 4 screws that hood it in the regulator and got the enclosure off and this thing was shorted out. Armatures looked like they’re been beat on with a ball peen hammer. It drives a screw drive like a auger to turn the wheel in the regulator. So I pushed in the motor with out the enclosure and rotated it by hand till the window was in the full up position and put a lil preload on it as it wants to push back out of the regulator without the cover installed. Then bolted the cover back on and left the connector off. Saved! Now to dealership for some warranty negotiations …
The following users liked this post:
Jimboy (05-02-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 01:33 PM
Chief Engineer

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the same thing happen to the rear passenger side window on my 2004 Lariat. The window would go down but not up. I pulled the rubber conduit from the B pillar and slid it towards the door and found both wires to the regulator broken. There’s very little room in that thing so I don’t think the wires can move (my guess) but it created enough of a resistance to interfere raising the window. I repaired it by getting some multiple strand wire (the more strands the more flexible the wire), stripping back the insulation from the existing wires and installing enough of the new wire so either end was not inside that rubber conduit. I stuffed the crimp connectors into the B pillar and the door. Ten years later it still works.
The following users liked this post:
tbear853 (05-13-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 04:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried cleaning your contacts on your switch? That’s what was wrong with my back two doors clean my contacts work perfectly.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:27 PM

Received 438 Likes on 390 Posts

Johnjames,

What was the fix?
Old 05-06-2023, 05:51 AM

Received 362 Likes on 320 Posts

+1 for Unlimited HP's suggestion to check for broken wires inside the boots
Drivers door is the most common breakage point IMO
Check both doors
Old 05-13-2023, 11:13 AM
Traveler

Received 271 Likes on 163 Posts

Power for all the door window motors goes through the driver's door first to hit the lock out switch. I've had my drivers switches out a couple times to clean the contacts of black residue that builds up, high current and at the moment of contact, momentarily like welding temps leaves the stuff. I will lightly lube with a lube intended for electric switch contacts,

Quick Reply: driver rear door power window goes down but wont go up???