Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Dome light, seat memory, door ajar, radio issues

Old 10-24-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dome light, seat memory, door ajar, radio issues

One day my door ajar chime stopped working and my radio wouldn't turn off when opening the door. At the same time my seat memory quit and dome light stopped working when opening any of the doors as well.
I called my mechanic and told him bout the issue, but he couldn't solve it. I was just to buy me a new BCM, but luckily i didn't.
I searched the forum and read about a purple wire in the driverside sill, which causes problems with similar sympthoms.
I kept on investigating and checked all fuses and relays first but they were all were ok.
Suddenly i pulled the panel off the door sill and looked for those purple wires - i found the connection just in the corner of the c-pillar on the driverside.
There were two purple wires spliced together to one purple wire and were covered by a hockey style black tape.
I cut the two wires about an inch from the corroded splice off and spliced them together again. It took me about 15 minutes to fix it and cost me about a few cents for the cable and connector.
Dome light comes on, when using the remote keyless entry or when opening either door. The door ajar chime works, when opening a door, my seat memory works again and the radio turns off, when opening the driver's door as it should.

I never would've been able to fix this annoying issue without this forum, so i wanna thank all you guys and gals for their patience and great input!

I made a pic of the spliced wires, if somebody has to find those damned purple wires!
Attached Thumbnails Dome light, seat memory, door ajar, radio issues-photo271.jpg   Dome light, seat memory, door ajar, radio issues-photo135.jpg  
Old 10-24-2016, 08:03 PM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

I would have guessed there or in the drivers door jam, inside the rubber boot cause I've had 3 wires seperate inside the boot having to butt connect them back and it was a tight squeeze

Search this Thread