Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Differential plate gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Differential plate gasket?

Well I know you can use the RTV silicone stuff but I've heard of people buying a gasket on here. My rear diff fluid is burnt smelling so I'm gona change it this weekend. I'd much rather use a gasket so if any of you guys know of any such thing where did u get it? And if no such thing exist well atleast I made myself look dumb on the internet and not face to face at the auto parts store. Thanks in advance guys
Old 09-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Devil's advocate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Some people use RTV only, some use a gasket only, and some use both like I did. You can get a gasket anywhere, just know what kind of rear end you have.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JP2085
Some people use RTV only, some use a gasket only, and some use both like I did. You can get a gasket anywhere, just know what kind of rear end you have.
Sounds good ill pick ond up when I go get the oil and stuff. Also what type of bottles does most of the oil come in? I was looking at it this morning and I can't figure out how I'm gona pour it in the fill plug. Do you guys use a funel or does most the bottles have the pointed lid thing?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Devil's advocate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Turkey Hunter
Sounds good ill pick ond up when I go get the oil and stuff. Also what type of bottles does most of the oil come in? I was looking at it this morning and I can't figure out how I'm gona pour it in the fill plug. Do you guys use a funel or does most the bottles have the pointed lid thing?
Generally comes in a bottle like this with a pointer.

Quick Reply: Differential plate gasket?