Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Dead EATC Module or No Power to EATC

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dead EATC Module or No Power to EATC

I have a 2004 Lariat 2WD with close to 200K that my son drives. Yesterday, he said when he first got in the truck, it felt like the AC wasn't as cold as it normally is. Said he thought it was because it was hot out and he had just started driving. After his first stop, a short one, he said it continued to not blow as cold and actually thought it was getting warmer. After his second stop, another fairly short one, when he get got in the truck, the AC would not 'turn on'.

When I got home to take a look, I find that there does not appear to be any power to the EATC Module. The display does not show anything nor do any of the buttons light up. None of the buttons light up when the headlights are turned on and the heated seat button indicators do not light up when you try to activate the heated seats.

I have checked fuse 13 and it appears to be good... even swapped it with another 10amp fuse.

These EATC modules are expensive.

How would I go about testing the EATC module to see if it is truly dead?
Is there something else that could be causing this?
Old 05-29-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fixed

Thought I'd pass this along for future searches...

I was searching around the ol' interwebs to see if I could figure out how to test the EATC Climate Control module itself, or test power to it, before I tried to source one from a salvage yard. I started running across a few threads where people were able to get power back to the EATC by either flicking their headlights a few times between hi and low beam... or, turning their headlight switch from AUTO to ON (turning switch back and forth from L to R and R to L) a couple of times.

So, I texted my kid these ideas since I'm not at the house right now... he went out and tried both ideas... and crazy enough... IT WORKED!!! I'm not sure which one actually did the trick, but after he did both, the EATC had power restored when he tried turning the AC on. He said it is blowing nice and cold now.

It feels so good to get this going, for free no less, with triple digit days starting!!
The following users liked this post:
techrep (05-30-2018)

Quick Reply: Dead EATC Module or No Power to EATC