Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Condensation on Windows

Old 11-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Condensation on Windows

2008 F150-Anyone every have the problem of condensation on inside winshield? This seems to happen when their is warm days and cool nights. My third brake light was leaking and I thought that was the problem. Dealer repaired brakelight and this did not happen again until the next cool night. Have not found anymore leaks around third brakelight. The problem does not seem to be as bad as it was before the repair. Its only been a short time since the repair. Could it be that their is left over moisture still in truck? Is this a ford problem?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 PM

just turn the AC on, it'll go away. once dry it should stay dry, assuming you dont mean just a little fog or whatever
Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Keep the air circulation on fresh air and not recirculate.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 AM

Ill bet money you have standing water in the wiring channel at the base of you door on the driver and pass sides. You can check by lifting the plastic carpet trim piece on the floor and sticking your finger in there. The trim looks like plastic diamond plating on the floor right where the door comes into contact with the floor. Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM

I have the exact same problem with my 2004 F150. My roof mount brake light was leaking. Ford replaced it (under warranty at the time), and life was good...until now. I guess it lasted 2 years. I do get a bunch of water in that driver's side wiring area in the floor. Pull that up, wet-vac it out, leave it open for a couple of days to air dry, then reinstall. My original problem also caused my driver's side carpeting to get wet and would really fog my windshield and all other windows.

I still have to fix this new episode, which is now out of warranty. Frustrating...

Good luck,
Gary

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Condensation on Windows