Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Centric Hub Conversion Kit - Where to Buy?

Old 10-30-2017, 01:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Centric Hub Conversion Kit - Where to Buy?

Folks -

I have read all the horror stories about the Centric hubs, but I have one side converted and I just want to even up the other side with a kit. The jokers on Amazon are jacking around with me; I purchased two hub conversion kits from the same supplier (Autoplicity) within an hour of each other on the same day (as I wanted to place the purchase on two separate payment sources). The first kit came quickly and I have already installed - on the second kit, I received an email that my order was "a bit behind" and that I would be receiving a tracking number. Well, no tracking number ever happened, but Amazon indicated that the the kit had shipped with "likely delivery" on the 27th, sooo...I set aside the time and equipment and space to get the job done this weekend. Understanding that my truck is laid up, caliper is purchased waiting to also be replaced, truck undriveable - the 27th comes and goes, and I send an email, "where are my parts?" "Oh, we will look into it and get back to you."

Get an e-mail today that indicates that the parts were "not in suitable condition" and that my order has been canceled and refund provided immediately. These are brake parts! Suitable condition? Their sales page on Amazon indicates that there are still 12 kits available ("Order Soon"), at a marginally higher price than I paid for the first, which I think is the issue. I just want the parts and my truck on the road!

ANYWAY - after the rant; where can I buy this kit? I have searched RockAuto and wasn't able to find the hub conversion or the kit, and looked for it at another retailer on Google and been unsuccessful -

Any thoughts?

Thanks - sorry for the before...
Old 10-30-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

I would order just the hub from Amazon, and then get a rotor and nut separately (locally, RockAuto, etc.). In a pinch, it's probably the best thing to do I guess.
Edit: I'm one of the unlucky saps that had both Centric hubs fail prematurely.

Search this Thread