Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

CD player instal

Old 09-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Motors & Beer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player instal

Has anyone installed a aftermarket cd player in a 07 f150...if so was it hard to do and how did u do it? thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did, took about 15 minutes to a half hour. SUPER EASY. Remove the trim piece from the dash( Pulls right off)Just pull the old Head unit out( 4 screws), Mount the Install kit(depending on the kit you may have to get longer mounting screws. Just take the OEM screws from the radio to Home Depot and find longer versions). Match up the wires from the new radio to the harness adapter and crimp( DO NOT USE SCREW TYPE WIRE NUTS). Mount the radio's sleeve in to the mounting kit( just has tabs that you bend to lock the sleeve to the mounting kit). Slide the radio in, connect the harness adapter to the factory harness, and then connect the antenna adapter to the radio and then to the factory antenna. Replace the dash trim panel and your done. Parts needed: Vehicle specific install kit, wiring harness adapter, antenna adapter, wire caps(Crimp-kind). Tools needed: socket set, Pliers(incase you have to mess with the dash trim piece's retaining clips) slotted screw driver( To bend the radio sleeve tabs) wire stripper/crimper.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:21 AM
Beer Drinker

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Zombie's right, super easy if you get a good install kit & wire harness adapter. Best Buy & Circuit City have free installation if you buy a radio from them but you'll feel better when you break out a few tools & get er done yourself.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:08 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x3!! Freakin' easy. I didn't install an aftermarket cd player but I did install my iPOD hookup in my truck and it only took me 10 minutes.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if I were you, I would solder the connections, mostly because you can have the whole mess sitting on your bench, and it is easy to get to, then you can just go to the truck and plug it in, and you never have to worry about connections coming loose.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD player instal