Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

CB dual whip antenna mounting locations

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:57 AM
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default CB dual whip antenna mounting locations

I would like to mount my dual whip cb antennas on my truck but havin trouble findin a place to mount them. I would like to mount them in the bed not bumper because i like how that looks but i have a tonneau cover and dont wanna remove it. Does anyone have any suggestions/pics that could help me out? Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont have any pictures put depending on the size of the spring your running for the antenna you could mount them between the bed and the cab. Thats where i mounted my rigid antenna. and then the CB itself i mounted in the cab on the knee panel between the steering wheel and the pop out cup holders and wired it into the cigarette lighter. I did it this way because i wanted it to have constant power so i could use it even with the truck not running. I can get you pictures of how i installed my cb if you would like.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:27 PM
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~

if you could post pics of the antenna mouting id appreciate that. but my truck has the center console, so i was prob gonna mount it on the pass side of it or the little flip out compartment under where the cigarette lighter is, just cut that out and mount it there. then i would wire it to a fuse using a fuse tap to the radio, that what i did on my 99 so i could use it when not running also just the key half turned
Old 08-08-2012, 01:06 PM

yall i will go take some pictures and post them for you so you can see how i did mine. unfortunately i broke my antenna the other week and havent gotten around to replacing it so the mount is still there but the antenna isn't.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:16 PM
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~

Ok sweet thanks a lot bud. And ya that sucks, happened to me before. I have the firestik 2 antennas and they're pretty durable
Old 08-08-2012, 01:44 PM

ya mine snapped going into a parking garage. the concrete ceilings do a number on fiberglass antenna lol..
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM

So mine was mounted in the bed of my truck but if you have the tie down points on the rails of the bed i have seen people mount them in there...

and then i mounted mine on the knee panel

all the wiring is ran through the little cubbie and stuff...since u have the full center console you may have to runs your a little differently... but i also took pictures of how i wired it into the cigarette lighter.

and then finally i pulled the face plate around the radio down so i could get to the back of the cigarette lighter
Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~

Great thanks man helps a lot. I have brackets like yours so I'm gonna see if I can mount it on the cab side bc I wanna be able to keep my tonneau on
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM

glad i could help.. if you have any issues just pm me and then i can give ya call or something if you need and help you out a little better if u have any problems. Like i said if you have the tie down points on the rails of the beds i would say mount them in there some where if you could.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:35 PM
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~

Originally Posted by 07F150SuperCrew
glad i could help.. if you have any issues just pm me and then i can give ya call or something if you need and help you out a little better if u have any problems. Like i said if you have the tie down points on the rails of the beds i would say mount them in there some where if you could.
ok will do, thanks a lot i appreciate the help. il post pics once i get it done. im on vacation now and wont be back till next week

Quick Reply: CB dual whip antenna mounting locations