Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Cat stolen can I just straight pipe it?

Old 06-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat stolen can I just straight pipe it?

My truck was sitting at my mechanics shop last night when a crack head with a sawzal cut off one of my two cats. Can I just cut the other one off and straight pipe to the exhaust system? And how do I trick those O2 sensors downstream of the cats into not throwing a check engine light . Any advice would be much appreciated. First time poster, proud owner of 07 F150 XL 4.6 long box regular cab
Old 06-07-2018, 09:35 PM

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Redford07
My truck was sitting at my mechanics shop last night when a crack head with a sawzal cut off one of my two cats. Can I just cut the other one off and straight pipe to the exhaust system? And how do I trick those O2 sensors downstream of the cats into not throwing a check engine light . Any advice would be much appreciated. First time poster, proud owner of 07 F150 XL 4.6 long box regular cab
Damn crackheads are going high tech. Im not sure but I think I saw vids online with some sort of set up to "fool" the o2"s. It almost looked like a sparkplug type setup that your 02 sits in. That being said aftermarket cats aren't that expensive like a walker brand from Rock Auto is like $100. I don't think I'd cut the other one off
Old 06-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Does you mechanic have insurance for stuff like that. Maybe he'll cover it
Old 06-08-2018, 07:54 AM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

I agree with Tommy.
See if the shop will cover it. Unless they have a disclaimer regarding thievery
Old 06-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

The shop should cover it, and replace it. Nothing sounds good straight piped, nothing.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:21 AM

Default Disclaimers are less then worthless

Originally Posted by SCORGE
I agree with Tommy.
See if the shop will cover it. Unless they have a disclaimer regarding thievery
A disclaimer would be worthless for the mechanic. Usually a parking garage would have them so they are not responsible if you leave your vehicle unlocked. If you leave your keys with a mechanic that responsibility shifts to them.

parking lot type disclaimers wouldn't even apply here since a part was taken that in no way could have been prevented by the owner of the vehicle while it was in the mechanics posession.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Default I just ate it and had them put on a used cat

I looked and pushed them to straight pipe it but they said it was too complicated to fool the down stream O2 sensors and that it wound be too loud. 500 for an installed used cat and they actually sent it to another shop to do the work
Old 06-13-2018, 05:48 PM

I looked and pushed them to straight pipe it but they said it was too complicated to fool the down stream O2 sensors and that it wound be too loud. 500 for an installed used cat and they actually sent it to another shop to do the work
Yikes, I think I paid not much more than that for a whole new walker set up. manifolds back, 2 cats, muffler etc. Stock is probably better though
Old 06-13-2018, 05:49 PM

Sorry, I meant pre cats back for my set up
Old 06-14-2018, 08:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy J
Yikes, I think I paid not much more than that for a whole new walker set up. manifolds back, 2 cats, muffler etc. Stock is probably better though
Did your walker setup fit correctly? Mine did not. The part where the cat connects to the crossmember is off by several inches. It hasn't posed an issue but I don't daily drive mine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cat stolen can I just straight pipe it?