Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

can my edge tuner and bruteforce intake cause my loud engine knock?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can my edge tuner and bruteforce intake cause my loud engine knock?

i have recently discovered a loud knocking coming from the bottom of the passenger side of the engine just above the cat...the it gets louder as the truck warms up and gets faster when the rpms go faster...engine oil and all fluids have been recently changed and are all at the correct levels...ive had both the edge and intake for probably 10-12 months and have had no driveability issues...not sure what the knock is...im at 34,300 miles so its going to the dealer wednesday...im worried tho...what do you guys think? thanks
Old 04-19-2008, 01:04 AM

Wow it doesn't sound good. Make sure to return your set up back to stock before the dealer visit and good luck. Let us know what they find.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:48 PM

Default Cat problems

I heard a truck the other day that you would swear had a main bearing out the knock was so loud. Come to find out it was the cat converter was bad. I would have never thought it.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:46 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by soonersford
I heard a truck the other day that you would swear had a main bearing out the knock was so loud. Come to find out it was the cat converter was bad. I would have never thought it.
it could be that the Edge tuner is causing a slightly rich condition due to the nature of the precanned tune and the over correction of the intake, thus dumping in fuel and contaminating the convertor. Although, I could be wrong....or that the overly rich condition is producing a cylinder washing effect and starving the bearings of oil, which is not good, mmkay.

either way, he should put on the OEM intake, yank the tuner, and send it to the stealership.

Quick Reply: can my edge tuner and bruteforce intake cause my loud engine knock?