Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

camper top or no camper top?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Default camper top or no camper top?

Attachment 1

well I like having it but it's kinda in the way when im not in need of it. everyone thought it was an expedition :/. I went camping over the weekend and couldn't see at night an could bearly see during the day to back up so i pulled in everywhere lol. plus I like the look of my truck without it. so what are you guys opinions on it, should i keep it on or take it off? if I do take it off i plan on keeping it in the garage so I won't be getting rid of it. I will use it for hunting season an vacation stuff like that.
Attached Thumbnails camper top or no camper top?-image-370962596.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by raif281

well I like having it but it's kinda in the way when im not in need of it. everyone thought it was an expedition :/. I went camping over the weekend and couldn't see at night an could bearly see during the day to back up so i pulled in everywhere lol. plus I like the look of my truck without it. so what are you guys opinions on it, should i keep it on or take it off? if I do take it off i plan on keeping it in the garage so I won't be getting rid of it. I will use it for hunting season an vacation stuff like that.
I am in the exactly same spot with my cap it looks like your but I ended up taking it off and putting it in the barn for when I do need it
Old 03-31-2013, 09:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I just took my topper off a few weeks ago after having it on since June. I bought it mainly for when I take my family on vacation. I definitely like the way my truck looks without it much better, and i have an Access tonneau cover to keep the stuff in my bed dry and out of sight. Plus the fiberglass topper is pretty heavy, so I also like the idea of not having the added weight. I planned on putting the topper back on again in June, but now I'm selling it and buying one of these. I'm pretty sure I can get enough from selling my fiberglass topper to pay for the soft topper, so no actual money out of pocket for what I consider a much better option!
http://www.softopper.com/
Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by bill2014

I am in the exactly same spot with my cap it looks like your but I ended up taking it off and putting it in the barn for when I do need it
that's probably what ill end up doing!

Originally Posted by Tailrace
I just took my topper off a few weeks ago after having it on since June. I bought it mainly for when I take my family on vacation. I definitely like the way my truck looks without it much better, and i have an Access tonneau cover to keep the stuff in my bed dry and out of sight. Plus the fiberglass topper is pretty heavy, so I also like the idea of not having the added weight. I planned on putting the topper back on again in June, but now I'm selling it and buying one of these. I'm pretty sure I can get enough from selling my fiberglass topper to pay for the soft topper, so no actual money out of pocket for what I consider a much better option!
http://www.softopper.com/
well like I said I bought my truck Friday and it came with it. ill probably just put it away till june when we go to florida then till next hunting season. that's $660! how much are you planning on selling yours for? there you go, if it's an even swap go for! if I was to sell it I'd get a hard top rolling tonneau cover
Old 03-31-2013, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by raif281

well like I said I bought my truck Friday and it came with it. ill probably just put it away till june when we go to florida then till next hunting season. that's $660! how much are you planning on selling yours for? there you go, if it's an even swap go for! if I was to sell it I'd get a hard top rolling tonneau cover
Hopefully I can pull off the even swap. I love my soft tonneau, but when my family and I go on vacation we bring practically everything but the kitchen sink, so getting everything tucked in under the tonneau becomes more and more of a challenge each year. That soft topper is the ideal solution for me for sure!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:59 PM

sounds like a good deal man! an haha yeah I hear that, how much are they brand new?
Old 03-31-2013, 10:08 PM

I believe mine went for right around $1,400 brand new. I bought it used just last summer and I found the soft topper online a few weeks ago. I'll be putting mine up for sale here and on a few other forums as well as Craigslist in the next few days. Mine's in excellent condition so I don't think I'll have any problems selling it, at least I hope not, LOL!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:27 PM

holy crap that expensive!! ill definitely be hanging on to mine if they are that expensive
Old 03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I take my cap off in the summer. I hunt in the winter and need the cap on to keep everything in the bed protected from the snow/rain while driving up north and while im up there hunting. theyre nice to have. I have had my bed full to the capper with wood plus all our camping supplies before. couldn't do that without it!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pity7700
I take my cap off in the summer. I hunt in the winter and need the cap on to keep everything in the bed protected from the snow/rain while driving up north and while im up there hunting. theyre nice to have. I have had my bed full to the capper with wood plus all our camping supplies before. couldn't do that without it!
that's what I think ill wind up doing since I hunt as well. yes I had my bed full of wood this past weekend and it kept it all dry when it rained alittle yesterday

Quick Reply: camper top or no camper top?