Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Buying exhaust and gears, please take a look

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buying exhaust and gears, please take a look

So I've been doing a bit of research here lately as far as buying a new exhaust goes, needless to say it's been a bit overwhelming but I've managed to narrow it down a bit. Please let me know if there are better options that fit my criteria

Truck: 2005 5.4 V8, Lariat 4x4
Exhaust
-Only looking for a slight increase in loudness, main priority is to have a much lower tone. Really don't like having a loud truck, essentially I'm trying to keep the stock dB level with a different tone. Best way to describe my goal. I also like the look of the dual pipe coming straight out the back (which allows for longer pipes to smooth out the loudness)

that most closely resembles what i want

Selection: From the video above all I know is that he is running a catback system and magnaflow exhuast #12388 with 4" rolled tips. I'd buy this system right now if I knew what catback setup he has. So if anyone could toss out something that fits my criteria I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to spend more than $400.

Gears: I'm running some pretty big tires, 315x70x17. Should I re-gear to 4.56? I'm at the stock gear ratio right now, and I don't tow anything too crazy. Occasionally I'll take about a 3-4hr. drive but that's about the max distance.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Quick Reply: Buying exhaust and gears, please take a look