Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Broken plugs in a 3v

Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken plugs in a 3v

So here is the scoop. I was thinking this was going to be an easy job. BIG BULL. I wanted to put one piece plugs in so I got the Brisk racing (dont ask part number Ill have to look). I did all the removal tips pentatrating oil, so on so on. So six of those fuggers broke. So I bought the Lisle tool part number 65600. It works. Take your time be slow, used it on two. Four more to go. Hopefully the 150 will be back up and running soon. I got one more day of work and Ill fool with it then. Thanx for looking BRAD
Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Brad, I'm really sorry about your troubles, keep your happy face on and take your time doing the repair. Question I have is why so many broke? Usually 6 OK and 2 broke. Not visa-versa. Good luck, maybe I miss read.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 PM

No sir you read correctly. 6 of them broke. I was pissed at the time when I posted but got the tool and started to remove plugs. No too bad except the ones in the back. The only thing that I could thing that I could think of is I drive a short distance to work. But I just got it back from Gatlinburg about an 800 mile round trip and I ran fuel injector cleaner on the trip so I dont know. Ill let you know the results. I work on one for a little bit drink a beer. Work on it a little more drink a beer so far I got two plugs out. yeah me BRAD
Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM

The 150 is back and running. If any one has this issue pm ill walk you through it. Just did six of them and did not have a single problem. The tool I purchased worked exactly as it said.

BRAD
Old 10-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by redripper
The 150 is back and running. If any one has this issue pm ill walk you through it. Just did six of them and did not have a single problem. The tool I purchased worked exactly as it said.

BRAD
Where did you order the tool from? Not that I'm getting ready to change out my plugs, just want to be ready when/if I decide to take on the job.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:15 PM

I bought the removal tool from Kentucky Motors. The local parts store here in the NKY. The tool is from the Lisle Tool Company. The part number is 65600. It cost me 89.99 and well worth the money. If you Google (Lisle 65600) it will give you a butt load of places to buy it from.

BRAD

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broken plugs in a 3v