Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Broke My 6" Pro Comp Strut Spacer - Looking For Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Unhappy Broke My 6" Pro Comp Strut Spacer - Looking For Alternative

Hi all, I recently had an incident with my truck where I bent the strut 90 degrees while out on the dunes. I later found out that the strut spacer was damaged as well so it has to be removed/replaced. I cannot find this piece online for the life of me. (pic below) Is there anything else I can do instead of replacing this piece such as longer shocks or coil-overs? (I am not very knowledgeable in this area so forgive me if this sounds ridiculous...)
Broke My 6" Pro Comp Strut Spacer - Looking For Alternative-8lqof.jpg
Old 07-09-2012, 05:58 PM
New Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gone to a custom metal shop before to get things custom made for me. That dose not look to complex, I'm sure any metal shop could fab that up.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

^^perhaps have them reinforce it, sounds like you play hard...
Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM

Yeah, I jumped it at the dunes at night and busted the front end pretty good... but I don't know if i want to have a metal fab shop do this. Is there no alternative? I heard somewhere that I can just get longer shocks or something?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Absolutely..you got a couple of options. If you want full bore coilovers you can get Fabtech Dirt Logic Coilovers or Pro Comp MX2.75 coilovers. Then you have brands like King, Fox, and Icon that also make coilovers. That way is the more expensive route but if you beat on your truck (sounds like you do)(nothing wrong with that other than your parts get pissed at you) then this is the way to go.

Another option that you can do, that I went with, is to get longer struts to go on the stock or aftermarket coil springs. I got the 6" BDS struts that are an option on the BDS kits. I am not sure they would work with your Pro Comp kit but I would assume so and its nothing a call to BDS wouldnt solve. A more popular brand would be the Bilstein 5100 6" struts. You can get these from Topguncustomz.com and are $288 plus shipping for the pair. This is the preferable way to go with guys replacing the stock struts with a lift. A number of guys have done it on here. A couple that come to mind are members IBF150, bonez, schissler, and frankyflo.
The following users liked this post:
Pausnsk (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 11:03 PM

Thanks a lot 06F150CFCT, that really helps me out. I think I want to go with the 6" bilsteins because I had already planned on upgrading to those anyway. I just didn't know if it would work or not.

Thanks again!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:18 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Pausnsk
Thanks a lot 06F150CFCT, that really helps me out. I think I want to go with the 6" bilsteins because I had already planned on upgrading to those anyway. I just didn't know if it would work or not.

Thanks again!
Not a problem man. Glad I could help you out. Good luck!!

Oh and if you go with the Bilsteins, dont throw away your stock struts and parts that go with them (unless they were destroyed when you took your truck jumping) because with the Bilsteins you need the lower spring perch off the stockers. I sent mine to a member on here when I did my lift because he needed them for his Bilsteins and the BDS ones came with all new stuff. Just a little FYI.
The following users liked this post:
Pausnsk (07-10-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sure glad I came across this thread.. IM fixing to replace my front struts and wanted to get rid of my spacers.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That can easily be straightened and reinforced to stay strong.

Quick Reply: Broke My 6" Pro Comp Strut Spacer - Looking For Alternative